inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Final Gong Sounds for Chuck Barris

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/22/17 at 4:41 am

Legendary game show mogul (and former CIA operative) Chuck Barris has passed away at the age of 87, reportedly of natural causes.  :\'(

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/03/21/chuck-barris-creator-gong-show-dead-at-87.amp.html

Chuck's signature game was The Gong Show, which introduced a generation to luminaries such as Gene Gene the Dancing Machine and Jaye P. Morgan. Amongst other things, the Gong Show is notable for having launched the nationwide career of hobo balladeer Boxcar Willie.  8)

The Gong Show also hosted the founder of the Crips street gang, Stanley "Tookie" Williams as a bodybuilder performer.  Sadly, Tookie was executed in 2005 via lethal injection due to convictions for murdering four people.

He (Barris) was also the producer of fare such as The Dating Game, The Newlywed Game, and The Game Game.  8)

Subject: Re: Final Gong Sounds for Chuck Barris

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/22/17 at 6:21 am

I liked the Gong show!  Sorry to say goodbye  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Chuck Barris

Written By: Howard on 03/22/17 at 7:11 am

Legendary game show mogul (and former CIA operative) Chuck Barris has passed away at the age of 87, reportedly of natural causes.  :\'(

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/03/21/chuck-barris-creator-gong-show-dead-at-87.amp.html

Chuck's signature game was The Gong Show, which introduced a generation to luminaries such as Gene Gene the Dancing Machine and Jaye P. Morgan. Amongst other things, the Gong Show is notable for having launched the nationwide career of hobo balladeer Boxcar Willie.  8)

The Gong Show also hosted the founder of the Crips street gang, Stanley "Tookie" Williams as a bodybuilder performer.  Sadly, Tookie was executed in 2005 via lethal injection due to convictions for murdering four people.

He was also the producer of fare such as The Dating Game, The Newlywed Game, and The Game Game.  8)

R.I.P. Chuck Barris.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 03/22/17 at 11:41 am

I seem to remember him. Sad to see him go. :\'(

R.I.P. Chuck...

Check for new replies or respond here...