inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: David Letterman's Mother Dorothy Enters Late Night History

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/13/17 at 12:10 am

Dorothy Mengering,, the much loved mother of former Late Show host David Letterman, has died at 95. She was known for making appearances on Dave's show and gave us much added laughter and charm. She is a treasure we will all miss.

Subject: Re: David Letterman's Mother Dorothy Enters Late Night History

Written By: nally on 04/13/17 at 12:12 am

Dorothy Mendering Letterman, the much loved mother of former Late Show host David Letterman, has died at 95. She was known for making appearances on Dave's show and gave us much added laughter and charm. She is a treasure we will all miss.

:\'(

And today (Wednesday) was her son's 70th birthday. :o

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/13/17 at 12:48 am

:\'(

And today (Wednesday) was her son's 70th birthday. :o

I hate it when you lose a loved one on your birthday. My sister's first dog died on her birthday, so Dave must have felt the same toward his mom. :\'(

Written By: Howard on 04/13/17 at 7:42 am

Dorothy Mendering Letterman, the much loved mother of former Late Show host David Letterman, has died at 95. She was known for making appearances on Dave's show and gave us much added laughter and charm. She is a treasure we will all miss.

R.I.P. Dorothy Letterman  :\'(

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/26/17 at 8:36 am

R.I.P. Dorothy Letterman  :\'(

Her legal name was actually Dorothy Mengering. She rarely used the name Letterman after her first husband died, I assume because she initially didn't want the fame of being Dave's mom. Mr. Mengering is her second husband.

Check for new replies or respond here...