inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Peter Sallis: Wallace and Gromit actor dies aged 96

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/05/17 at 9:15 pm

Peter Sallis has died at the age of 96, his agents have announced. The actor was best known for appearing in Last of the Summer Wine and was also famous as the voice of Wallace in Wallace and Gromit. His agent confirmed he died peacefully with his family by his side. Sallis played Norman "Cleggy" Clegg in Last of the Summer Wine from its first episode in 1973 until the series concluded in 2010. He was the only actor to appear in all 295 episodes of the sitcom.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40165443

R.I.P. Peter Sallis  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Subject: Re: Peter Sallis: Wallace and Gromit actor dies aged 96

Written By: Lizardmatum on 06/06/17 at 1:50 pm

So sad  :\'( I'm a big fan of Wallace and Gromit and Aardman and can also remember watching him in Last of the Summer Wine with my parents when I was a child. He brought a warmth to the characters he played.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 06/06/17 at 4:22 pm

Damn. I really liked the Wallace and Gromit shows as a kid. I honestly thought he was in his 50s before looking him up a few months ago. He had a long and interesting life that many people cherished throughout his 96 years.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/07/17 at 1:16 am

Have they indicated what could have happened to cause his death? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/07/17 at 1:46 am

Nothing as yet, but in 2005 it was announced that he was suffering from macular degeneration.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/07/17 at 5:18 am

Nothing as yet, but in 2005 it was announced that he was suffering from macular degeneration.

Well that won't kill you. Unless you don't see the delivery truck coming when you cross the street.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/17 at 5:14 am

Even after 10 days, there is still no indication as to the cause of his death. Each report or obituary states he died peacefully.

Check for new replies or respond here...