inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mobb Deep rapper Prodigy Gone at 42...

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/20/17 at 5:25 pm

Legendary East Coast gangster rapper Prodigy (also known as Albert Johnson) has passed away at the young age of 42. While a cause of death has yet to be reported, he had a lifetime problem with sickle cell anaemia.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/prodigy-dead-mobb-deep-rapper-dies-death-age-life-health-latest-updates-a7799676.html

Prodigy first broke out onto the music scene with his partner, Havoc, forming Mobb Deep in their hometown New York City in the 1990s. The duo participated in high profile feuds during their early years, and once had "beef" during the media-fueled East Coast-West Coast hip hop rivalry with Tupac and Biggie Smalls.

Subject: Re: Mobb Deep rapper Prodigy Gone at 42...

Written By: #Infinity on 06/20/17 at 5:55 pm

That's horrifically young. "Shook Ones, Pt. II" is one of the all-time classic rap songs, so we've lost yet another musical legend before anybody was ready.  :(

Written By: nally on 06/20/17 at 5:56 pm

I have heard of this guy, although I don't really like gangsta rap.

Still, it's kinda sad to see him go... :-\\

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/20/17 at 5:58 pm

R.I.P.

Check for new replies or respond here...