inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Celebrities' Family Members Who Died Tragically

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/30/17 at 1:01 am

Most of these people were too young to die. I'm not including family members who were already celebrities. (Eg.: Even though she was Melissa Rivers' mom, Joan Rivers doesn't count because she was a big celebrity herself. None of the Kennedy's count since the dead ones were pretty famous).

For starters:

Jet Travolta (son of John Travolta
Conor Clapton (son of Eric Clapton)
Bobbi Christina Brown (daughter of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown)
Dana Reeve (wife of Christopher Reeve, a little iffy on her celebrity status)
Son of Bill Cosby who was murdered (forgot his name)
Peaches Geldof (Daughter of Bob Geldof and Paula Yates)
Sage Stallone (son of Sly Stallone)

Subject: Celebrities' Family Members Who Died Tragically

Written By: Dude111 on 07/30/17 at 1:32 am

Very sad yes.......

Subject: Re: Celebrities' Family Members Who Died Tragically

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/30/17 at 5:16 am

Nancee Kelley (birth name Kelly Jean Van Dyke) daughter of Jerry Van Dyke.  (Suicide by hanging)

Jack Nance, husband of Nancee Kelly. (Subdural hematoma due to a street argument)

Aaren Simpson, daughter of O.J. "The Juice" Simpson. (Downed in family pool)

Dean Paul Martin Jr., son of crooner Dean Martin. (Military crash of his F-4 Phantom)

Written By: nally on 07/30/17 at 6:42 pm

Son of Bill Cosby who was murdered (forgot his name)

I remember that; he was trying to change a flat tire on his car. The guy's name was Ennis Cosby.

Written By: nally on 08/02/17 at 12:46 pm

James R. Jordan, father of basketball great Michael Jordan, in summer 1993. :\'( He pulled over on the highway to rest, since he was feeling tired, but was shot to death by two passersby... but the elder Jordan's body wasn't found until a week later. Ten days after that, on Friday August 13th, the dead man's identity was confirmed.

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/05/17 at 6:26 pm

James R. Jordan, father of basketball great Michael Jordan, in summer 1993. :\'( He pulled over on the highway to rest, since he was feeling tired, but was shot to death by two passersby... but the elder Jordan's body wasn't found until a week later. Ten days after that, on Friday August 13th, the dead man's identity was confirmed.

I forgot about James Jordan. Anyone who didn't like Michael Jordan was a fan of his the day his father died. I believe he still missed him.

Written By: nally on 08/06/17 at 1:18 am

I forgot about James Jordan. Anyone who didn't like Michael Jordan was a fan of his the day his father died. I believe he still missed him.

I think you're right. I even remember hearing about it, since I frequently listened to sports radio at the time.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/17 at 2:53 pm

Weird Al's parents.

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/apr/11/local/me-weirdal11

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/10/17 at 6:14 pm

Weird Al's parents.

Cat

Oh yes, I remember that too. :\'( :\'(

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/12/17 at 3:29 pm

I also remember Jennifer Hudson's family members being murdered. I hate it when people are killed so senselessly. :\'(

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/18/17 at 12:17 am

Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother, and nephew.  All killed by her sister's ex-boyfriend.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/18/17 at 12:23 am

Weird Al's parents.

Cat

Yes, Al said his parents didn't open the flue on their chimney and carbon dioxide backed up into their house.

Written By: nally on 12/18/17 at 11:58 am

I also remember Jennifer Hudson's family members being murdered. I hate it when people are killed so senselessly. :\'(

Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother, and nephew.  All killed by her sister's ex-boyfriend.

I remember that too. It was really sad. :\'( :\'(

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/18/17 at 12:46 pm

Whitney Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown.  Both were dead within several years of each other, both were heavily into drugs, and both drowned in a bathtub.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/09/18 at 1:24 pm

Zebadiah Chapman son of Duane "Dog" Chapman who was born prematurely and died after a month.
Barbara Katie Chapman daughter of Duane "Dog" Chapman who was killed in a car accident the day that he and his life partner Beth Smith were married. She left behind her husband and son.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/09/18 at 7:20 pm

Parents of Patrick Duffy (who played the role of Bobby Ewing in Dallas) were murdered back in '86.

http://people.com/archive/a-world-away-from-dallas-patrick-duffys-parents-are-slain-in-their-montana-tavern-vol-26-no-23/

Written By: nally on 01/09/18 at 11:38 pm

Parents of Patrick Duffy (who played the role of Bobby Ewing in Dallas) were murdered back in '86.

http://people.com/archive/a-world-away-from-dallas-patrick-duffys-parents-are-slain-in-their-montana-tavern-vol-26-no-23/

Wow, I had no idea about them. :o

Check for new replies or respond here...