inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: MLB Pitcher Roy Halladay killed in plane crash

Written By: nally on 11/07/17 at 5:39 pm

Earlier today, former pro baseball star pitcher Roy Halladay has been killed in a plane crash off the Gulf Of Mexico. He was only 40 years old.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/11/07/former-mlb-pitcher-roy-halladay-dies-in-plane-crash/23269899/

Nicknamed "Doc", Halladay spent his 15-year MLB career (late 1998 to 2013) with the Toronto Blue Jays and Philadelphia Phillies; he was a two-time Cy Young Award winner (won once with the Jays and once with the Phillies) and an eight-time All-Star.

In 2010, as a member of the Phillies, he threw a perfect game against the Miami Marlins on May 29th. On October 6 of the same year, he pitched only the second no-hitter in MLB postseason history, a Game One NLDS victory over the Cincinnati Reds.

R.I.P. Roy Halladay :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Subject: Re: MLB Pitcher Roy Halladay killed in plane crash

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/07/17 at 7:53 pm

So tragic - we were awed by him in the early '10s as a member of the Phillies.  Really sad  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Roy Halladay

Written By: nally on 11/08/17 at 11:24 am

So tragic - we were awed by him in the early '10s as a member of the Phillies.  Really sad  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Roy Halladay

Indeed it is; MLB Network was even talking about it for hours last night. The Bluejays and Phillies each issued a statement in the wake of his passing (including sending thoughts to his wife Brandi and their two sons). Everyone thought he was a great guy all around, both on and off the field.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 11/08/17 at 12:25 pm

R.I.P. Roy Halladay. So tragic :\'(.

He was a Yankee killer when he was a Blue Jay but I still respected him and was a fan of his.

Life is so short :(.

Check for new replies or respond here...