inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Charles Manson gets parole (sort of)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 11/20/17 at 12:15 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/charles-manson-dies-at-83/ar-BBFjAE6?ocid=spartanntp

Well..p, that's that. Good riddance, Charlie. He was 83, if anyone cares. He had been hospitalized for a week. He was previously hospitalized back in January, and expected to die, but I guess he cheated death.

Once again, good riddance.

Subject: Re: Charles Manson gets parole (sort of)

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 11/20/17 at 1:02 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/charles-manson-dies-at-83/ar-BBFjAE6?ocid=spartanntp

Well..p, that's that. Good riddance, Charlie. He was 83, if anyone cares. He had been hospitalized for a week. He was previously hospitalized back in January, and expected to die, but I guess he cheated death.

Once again, good riddance.

Is this Celebrity Hell?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/20/17 at 2:16 am

Is this Celebrity Hell?

Celebrity Helter Skelter.

Have they announced funeral arrangements yet?  ???

Dude had spent a total of 65 years in prisons at various times; by the time of the 1969 murders he had already spent 17 years in the slammer, 11 of which were in solitary confinement. 65 years is probably not a record but has to be close to one. When he was released from prison in 1967, he asked to not be released as he considered prison "home".

Written By: Howard on 11/20/17 at 7:05 am

Celebrity Helter Skelter.

Have they announced funeral arrangements yet?  ???

Dude had spent a total of 65 years in prisons at various times; by the time of the 1969 murders he had already spent 17 years in the slammer, 11 of which were in solitary confinement. 65 years is probably not a record but has to be close to one. When he was released from prison in 1967, he asked to not be released as he considered prison "home".

just burn his ashes and throw them into the nearest sea.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/17 at 9:53 am

RIP

Abigail Folger
Wojciech Frykowski
Leno LaBianca
Rosemary LaBianca
Jay Sebring
Donald Shea
Sharon Tate

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 11/20/17 at 10:28 am

He was an a$$hole!

Written By: nally on 11/20/17 at 10:54 am

He was an a$$hole!

Agreed!

Is this Celebrity Hell?

That could be one way to put it?

Written By: 80sfan on 11/20/17 at 12:22 pm

Agreed!

That could be one way to put it?

I feel bad for the childhood, parents, and horrible experiences, he had, as a child, and youth. I would be
a little crazy too, if I had his childhood. And I wish that someone would have reached out to him, and helped him. But I'm not going to excuse his intentions and actions either.

He was a jerk for the way he persuaded those people to kill, but I also see someone who was severely wounded by his life at a young age.

Written By: Howard on 11/20/17 at 1:19 pm

Shouldn't they do a body check to see what he died from? ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/20/17 at 2:09 pm

RIP

Abigail Folger
Wojciech Frykowski
Leno LaBianca
Rosemary LaBianca
Jay Sebring
Donald Shea
Sharon Tate

Cat

Lest we forget Gary Hinman and Ronald Hughes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/17 at 2:33 pm

Lest we forget Gary Hinman and Ronald Hughes.

And Sharon Tate's baby.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/20/17 at 3:06 pm

I feel bad for the childhood, parents, and horrible experiences, he had, as a child, and youth. I would be
a little crazy too, if I had his childhood. And I wish that someone would have reached out to him, and helped him. But I'm not going to excuse his intentions and actions either.

Good point(s).

He was a jerk for the way he persuaded those people to kill, but I also see someone who was severely wounded by his life at a young age.

This too.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/20/17 at 3:14 pm

Say what you want but the dude was oozing charisma, albeit of the dangerous kind. I wonder how he acquired the talent to get people to do all sorts of crazy stuff for him? ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/20/17 at 6:16 pm

And Sharon Tate's baby.

Cat

And Steven Parent.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/20/17 at 7:07 pm

I've seen a couple of interviews with the cad in prison, and I have to admit he was a sly fox, but so was Satan.  This is poetic justice.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/22/17 at 3:32 pm

Say what you want but the dude was oozing charisma, albeit of the dangerous kind. I wonder how he acquired the talent to get people to do all sorts of crazy stuff for him? ???

I agree, he was amusing to watch and had a lot of charisma. Kind of like Hitler.  :o  :o

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/22/17 at 5:44 pm

I agree, he was amusing to watch and had a lot of charisma. Kind of like Hitler.  :o  :o

Hitler also had charisma,managed to get lots of people to gladly do whatever he wanted.

Written By: Howard on 11/23/17 at 5:29 am

He always spoke what was on his mind.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/23/17 at 6:14 am

I wonder if he left any "last instructions" with his followers? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/17 at 4:39 pm

I wonder if he left any "last instructions" with his followers? ???
Are his followers still alive?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/24/17 at 5:26 am

Are his followers still alive?

Yep. Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme, Mary Bruner (who bore one of Charlie’s sons), Linda Kassabian, Steve “Scramblehead” Grogan are all amongst the living and are no longer imprisoned.

Then of course you have “Tex” Watson, Les Van Houten, Patty Krenewinkle, Bruce Davis, and Bobby Beausoleil, but they are still in the slammer.

Check for new replies or respond here...