inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Keith Chegwin: UK Television presenter dies aged 60

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/17 at 8:46 am

Veteran TV presenter Keith Chegwin has died aged 60 after a long illness, his family says. They said he had endured a "long-term battle with a progressive lung condition" which "rapidly worsened towards the end of this year". He died at home on Monday with his family by his side, who said they were "heartbroken". Chegwin was known for hosting programmes including children's game show Cheggers Plays Pop and Swap Shop.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42313706

Subject: Re: Keith Chegwin: UK Television presenter dies aged 60

Written By: karen on 12/13/17 at 11:26 am

Reading his obit in The Times today and I learned Cheggers had been in Kenny - the group that performed The Bump.  Been singing that song all day

Subject: Re: Keith Chegwin: UK Television presenter dies aged 60

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/13/17 at 11:56 am

Reading his obit in The Times today and I learned Cheggers had been in Kenny - the group that performed The Bump.  Been singing that song all day
That is new to me, is it an urban myth, similar to Bob Holness playing the saxophone on Gerry Rafferty's "Baker Street".

Check for new replies or respond here...