inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dies aged 46

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/15/18 at 11:50 am

The Cranberries lead singer Dolores O'Riordan has died in London at the age of 46, her publicist has confirmed. The Irish musician, originally from Limerick, led the band to international success in the 90s with singles including Linger and Zombie. A statement from her publicist said: "The lead singer with the Irish band The Cranberries was in London for a short recording session. "No further details are available at this time."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42696376

Subject: Re: Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dies aged 46

Written By: nally on 01/15/18 at 11:53 am

:\'(

I never really cared for her vocals, but I do remember that she and her band were popular during the 1990s. "Linger", "Dreams", "Zombie", and "Ode To My Family" are among the handful of hits they had during that time.

Written By: Bab2781 on 01/15/18 at 12:32 pm

Once again my teen years are coming back. So young and talented may she r.i.p.

Written By: #Infinity on 01/15/18 at 12:59 pm

This is terribly unfortunate. It was generally evident to me she led a troubled life, but to see her leave us at such a young age is horrifically tragic.

The Cranberries were by far one of the definitive bands of the mid-90s, regardless of where you lived. I'm particularly fond of "Linger," "Dreams," and "Ode to My Family," which all conveyed a special balance of serene elegance and bleak rawness that very few musical acts could replicate.

Rest in peace.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/15/18 at 5:37 pm

:\'(

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/15/18 at 9:25 pm

Another talented voice gone. RIP, Dolores

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/16/18 at 3:14 am

This comes as an unfortunate surprise. She had a unique voice and The Cranberries were a talented band back in the 90's. R.I.P.  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/18 at 6:29 am

The death of Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan is not being treated as suspicious by the Metropolitan Police. Police also confirmed a report was being compiled ready to hand to the coroner's office to investigate the causes of O'Riordan's death.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42703888

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/16/18 at 9:44 am

I never really knew much about the Cranberries, but I have noticed an interesting phenomenon. I like to go to thrift shops and rummage around. I always look at the albums and CDs in these places. Invariably, WITHOUT EXCEPTION, there will be a Cranberries CD among the CDs. It doesn't matter what else is there, be it old worthless junk CDs or a good selection of interesting CDs, there will always be a Cranberries CD. Even if there are only three CDs in the whole place one of them will be the Cranberries.  EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I'm not sure why this is. But it seems a lot of people dumped Cranberries CDs to thrift shops.  ???

Written By: Dude111 on 01/16/18 at 5:54 pm

Very sad :(

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/19/18 at 8:02 pm

I hope that she finally found the peace that she was looking for.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/20/18 at 11:30 am

Just read that the British authorities have said that Delores died from a massive overdose of Fentanyl, and that they think that it was deliberate.  :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/06/18 at 5:49 pm

The final autopsy results have been published, and the original speculation about an intentional drug overdose have proven false.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/09/06/cranberries-singer-dolores-oriordan-died-by-drowning-due-to-alcohol-intoxication.html

Ms. O'Riordan unfortunately drowned in her bathtub and her death has been ruled an accident.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 09/06/18 at 6:07 pm

The final autopsy results have been published, and the original speculation about an intentional drug overdose have proven false.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/09/06/cranberries-singer-dolores-oriordan-died-by-drowning-due-to-alcohol-intoxication.html

Ms. O'Riordan unfortunately drowned in her bathtub and her death has been ruled an accident.  :\'(

Coincidentally, today would have been her 47th birthday! :\'(

Written By: Dude111 on 09/13/18 at 7:28 pm

Yes very sad... Way too young to go :(

Check for new replies or respond here...