inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tinky Winky (Teletubbies) 2nd actor dies

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 01/23/18 at 5:10 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5301651/Tinky-Winky-actor-dies-aged-52.html

The actor who played Tinky Winky in children's TV series the Teletubbies has died.

Father-of-three Simon Shelton Barnes, 52, of Ampthill, Bedfordshire, had trained as a ballet dancer and choreographer before taking on the role in the BBC show.

We all remember the hoopla over whether Tinky Winky was gay, but let's clear the air:

Mr Barnes was not the original Tinky Winky in Teletubbies, the show which originally ran on BBC Two between 1997 and 2001.

Actor Dave Thompson, who is now a comedian, was allegedly sacked by production company Ragdoll for 'misinterpreting' the role and implying the Teletubby was gay.

Mr Barnes said the sexuality of the character was a question he was frequently asked because of Tinky Winky's penchant for hand bags.
'People always ask me if Tinky Winky is gay,' he said. 'But the character is supposed to be a three-year-old so the question is really quite silly.'

I didn't see a cause of death. Sorry if I missed it.

Check for new replies or respond here...