inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lari White, country singer from Castaway movie, dies

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 01/23/18 at 3:57 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/lari-white-now-i-know-country-singer-and-actress-dead-at-52/ar-AAv53QP?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp&ffid=gz

Lari White, a Grammy-winning singer-songwriter, producer and actress, has died in hospice care after a battle with advanced peritoneal cancer. She was 52. As a country artist, White scored six Top 20 country hits, including the Top 10 singles "That's My Baby," "Now I Know" and "That's How You Know (When You're in Love)." As an actor, she appeared opposite Tom Hanks in 2000's Cast Away.

In addition to her recording career, White co-produced Toby Keith's 2006 LP White Trash With Money, as well as albums by Billy Dean and Shawn Mullins. On the big screen, she made a brief but memorable appearance in Cast Away and also had roles in the 2010 country-music drama Country Strong and the made-for-TV films No Regrets and XXX's & OOO's.

(S)he wrote songs that were cut by Shelby Lynne ("What About the Love We Made") and Tammy Wynette ("Where's the Fire"), among others.

Check for new replies or respond here...