inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: John Gavin, Psycho actor, dies

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 02/11/18 at 3:03 am

http://ew.com/movies/2018/02/09/john-gavin-dead-psycho-imitation-of-life-actor-dies-at-86/

John Gavin has died, at the age of 86. The star of such films as Imitation of Life and Spartacus (as Caesar), Gavin is perhaps best known as Marion Crane's boyfriend, Sam Loomis, in Psycho. John Carpenter borrowed the name for Donald Pleasence's character in Halloween.

Gavin continued to work with Hitch on The Alfred Hitchcock Hour. He served as President of SAG from 1971-1973, and later became Ambassador to Mexico under fellow former actor Ronny.

Also a fun tidbit: He almost played James Bond. Damn you, Connery, for coming back.  ;D

RIP

Subject: Re: John Gavin, Psycho actor, dies

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/11/18 at 1:17 pm

I met him a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

My mother was in theatre and he was one of the actors-starred in the play the Fantasticks. I was about 7 or 8 at the time. I still have the program that I was showing to SIL this morning which also has my mother & sister's names in it along with John's.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/11/18 at 4:55 pm

I met him a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

My mother was in theatre and he was one of the actors-starred in the play the Fantasticks. I was about 7 or 8 at the time. I still have the program that I was showing to SIL this morning which also has my mother & sister's names in it along with John's.

Cat

Cool.  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/12/18 at 5:11 am

So sad, and an interesting James Bond he would have been.

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...