inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Michael McDonald Passes Away

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/18/18 at 8:14 am

Canadian standup comedian Michael McDonald, known for numerous performances on Letterman, Arsenio Hall Show, An Evening at the Improv, and countless others, has passed away at the age of 63 on March 17th.

No cause of death has been released, but a few years ago he had a liver transplant due to Hep C.  :-\\

Subject: Re: Michael McDonald Passes Away

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/18/18 at 11:05 am

(I first looked at this thread when I thought it was the other Michael McDonald)

RIP to comedian Michael McDonald - too young to go  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/18/18 at 11:13 am

(I first looked at this thread when I thought it was the other Michael McDonald)

I know what you mean. When I first saw it myself I thought it was the Michael McDonald who was in MadTV and who did some Seinfeld parts. Here's a link to the "other" Michael's Wikipedia page.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_McDonald_(comedian)

Written By: Howard on 03/18/18 at 1:43 pm

RIP to comedian Michael McDonald - too young to go  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

I was just thinking the same thing, I was scared to think the legendary singer had passed away but when I looked at the Wikipedia page he is very much alive as well as the MADTV comedian too.

Written By: whistledog on 03/18/18 at 4:01 pm

To avoid confusion, its actually Mike MacDonald.  He was sick for a lot of years :(

He starred on a late 80 sitcom called Mosquito Lake that I remember watching

Subject: Re: Mike MacDonald Passes Away

Written By: nally on 03/18/18 at 6:07 pm

I thought it was the singer too. :o Glad it's not. The singer is still with us at 66.

To avoid confusion, its actually Mike MacDonald.  He was sick for a lot of years :(

He starred on a late 80 sitcom called Mosquito Lake that I remember watching

Many thanks, I wasn't familiar with this guy. But now I'm reading about him on Wiki. :)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/19/18 at 10:43 pm

I thought it was either the singer (65) or the MadTV dude (53).

This is why entertainment unions prohibit duplicate names.

Written By: nally on 03/19/18 at 10:49 pm

I thought it was either the singer (65) or the MadTV dude (53).

This is why entertainment unions prohibit duplicate names.

Yeah, at least use a middle initial or something to differentiate them. (Btw, the singer just turned 66 in Feb.)

I mean, look at all the famous entities out there named Will Smith. Of course there's the actor-singer, who immediately comes to mind, but there have been other famous guys with that name, over time (living and deceased). And now there's a baseball pitcher (last pitched with the Giants in 2016) and a baseball catcher prospect (in the Dodgers organization) with those names.

Subject: Michael McDonald Passes Away

Written By: Dude111 on 03/20/18 at 5:51 am

Very sad :(

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/20/18 at 8:11 pm

Yeah, at least use a middle initial or something to differentiate them. (Btw, the singer just turned 66 in Feb.)

I mean, look at all the famous entities out there named Will Smith. Of course there's the actor-singer, who immediately comes to mind, but there have been other famous guys with that name, over time (living and deceased). And now there's a baseball pitcher (last pitched with the Giants in 2016) and a baseball catcher prospect (in the Dodgers organization) with those names.

And I recently found out that there's a college basketball coach named Tony Bennett. I saw him trending on Twitter and thought the singer had died or sang at a March Madness game.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/21/18 at 7:09 pm

Will Smith the wrestler just passed away the other day. He was 92 and up until his s death was getting jiggy with it.

Written By: nally on 03/22/18 at 11:52 am

Will Smith the wrestler just passed away the other day. He was 92 and up until his s death was getting jiggy with it.

I think there was another guy with that name who passed away not too long ago (like within the past year or two).

Check for new replies or respond here...