inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Delores Taylor (Billy Jack wife) dies at 85

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/27/18 at 9:33 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/delores-taylor-co-star-of-billy-jack-films-dies-at-85/ar-BBKKx7L?ocid=spartanntp

Delores Taylor -- the wife, co-star and creative partner of Billy Jack himself, the late Tom Laughlin -- has died at the age of 85. Natrual causes, but she did have dementia.

Taylor was born in 1932 in Winner, South Dakota. She grew up near the Rosebud Indian Reservation, an experience which she drew from when creating the namesake character of the "Billy Jack" films in the 1970s.

Taylor starred in three of the four "Billy Jack" films in which she played a teacher whose progressive school is defended by Billy Jack — a half-white, half-Native American Vietnam veteran who had come to hate war. The films became counterculture favorites.

Billy Jack was first seen in the 1968 biker movie "Born Losers," but became widely known after "Billy Jack," the second of four films Laughlin made about him (only three made it to theaters).

I wasn't too crazy about Born Losers when I watched it (though I will always embrace the hippies and counterculture from two generations before mine), but I liked the rest of the series. I'd have to give Losers a second viewing.

RIP.

Subject: Re: Delores Taylor (Billy Jack wife) dies at 85

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/28/18 at 5:14 am

She was awesome in the Billy Jack movies.

And I liked the scenes where her husband Tom Laughlin kicked the crap out of the bad guys.  Back in the summer of '72, me and my buddies were kicking anything that didn't move.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...