inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Matt "Guitar" Murphy bends his last note

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 06/17/18 at 12:29 am

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/blues-brothers-guitarist-matt-guitar-murphy-dead-at-88-w521611

Though best known for The Blues Brothers, he also played with Muddy Waters, Wolin' Wolf, Memphis Slim, Willie Dixon, Ike Turner, Etta James, Sonny Boy Williamson.

Jimmy Page and Michael McKean are big fans.

P.S. Dan "Ackroyd"? Ugh. Might as well spell John "Balooshee" while you're at it. And "Urethra" Franklin.

Subject: Re: Matt "Guitar" Murphy bends his last note

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/17/18 at 12:45 am

I met Matt "Guitar" Murphy at an outdoor blues festival in the early 1980s when I was about 12 or 13 years old. He was the first famous person I met and I remember that he was a really nice guy and he even gave me a guitar pick, which I still have stashed away somewhere.

RIP Mr. Murphy, I hope you're jamming out up in heaven right now.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/17/18 at 1:07 pm

P.S. Dan "Ackroyd"? Ugh. Might as well spell John "Balooshee" while you're at it. And "Urethra" Franklin.

;D There's a metal band named Urethra Franklin... they once put out an album titled Urinenation.  :P

Sad to see another Blues Brothers cast member pass away all too soon. Fellow band mate Donald "Duck" Dunn passed away a few years ago and of course John Balooshee passed away years ago. Then you have Cab Calloway, Ray Charles, James Brown, John Candy, Carrie Fisher, Alan Rubin (Mister Fabulous), Henry Gibson (the Nazi leader), Kathleen Freeman (the nun), Charles Napier (leader of the Good Old Boys), Jeff Morris (owner of Bob's Country Bunker), Pinetop Perkins, Big Eyes Smith and Johnny Lee Hooker.

Looks like at this time there will not be any more sequels.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 06/17/18 at 1:26 pm

;D There's a metal band named Urethra Franklin... they once put out an album titled Urinenation.  :P

Sad to see another Blues Brothers cast member pass away all too soon. Fellow band mate Donald "Duck" Dunn passed away a few years ago and of course John Balooshee passed away years ago. Then you have Cab Calloway, Ray Charles, James Brown, John Candy, Carrie Fisher, Alan Rubin (Mister Fabulous), Henry Gibson (the Nazi leader), Kathleen Freeman (the nun), Charles Napier (leader of the Good Old Boys), Jeff Morris (owner of Bob's Country Bunker), Pinetop Perkins, Big Eyes Smith and Johnny Lee Hooker.

Looks like at this time there will not be any more sequels.  :-\\

When did this happen? ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/17/18 at 1:28 pm

When did this happen? ???

Urinenation was released in 2016.

Here's a promo video.
r5lZeXUC9nA

And another performance snippet.
zuuVTJj6MDo

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/17/18 at 2:00 pm

Blues Brothers is one of my all time fave movies - he was great in it.  Sad!  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Matt Murphy

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/17/18 at 5:22 am

Matt and Arethra are back together again.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...