inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Sad Fact Of Life:Charlotte Rae Gone At 92

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/05/18 at 11:30 pm

Charlotte Rae, best known as Mrs. Garrett on Diff'rent Strokes and its spinoff, The Facts Of Life, has passed away at 92. A lifelong character actress, Rae had several roles on television before her breakout role. An 80's icon that will be sorely missed.

Subject: Re: The Sad Fact Of Life:Charlotte Rae Gone At 92

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 08/05/18 at 11:35 pm

Just saw her trending on Twitter. Wow. Totally unexpected, for me. I loved watching this show on Nick at Nite.

RIP Mrs. Garrett. :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/06/18 at 5:22 am

Looks like the curse on former Diff'rent Strokes cast members has continued.

Dana Plato, Gary Coleman, Conrad Bain, Dixie Carter, Mary Ann Mobley, Dody Goodman (Aunt Sophia) and now Charlotte Rae, all taken from us too soon.  :\'(. Even Alan Thicke, who wrote the series' theme song, is gone.  :-\\

At this point there's not much chance of a reunion episode, as only Todd Bridges and Janet Jackson would be left as leading cast members.

Written By: Howard on 08/06/18 at 5:30 am

Dana Plato, Gary Coleman, Conrad Bain, Dixie Carter, Mary Ann Mobley, Dody Goodman (Aunt Sophia) and now Charlotte Rae, all taken from us too soon.  :\'(. Even Alan Thicke, who wrote the series' theme song, is gone.  :-\\

At this point there's not much chance of a reunion episode, as only Todd Bridges and Janet Jackson would be left as leading cast members.

and don't forget the other maid is still with us, Mary Jo Catlett

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/mash/images/4/47/Mary_Jo_Catlett.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170317191120

Written By: Howard on 08/06/18 at 5:32 am

I always enjoyed The Facts Of Life, Mrs.Garrett always taught a life lesson to everyone on the show, She will be sorely missed.  :\'(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/06/18 at 6:09 am

Sad to hear this  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Charlotte Rae

Written By: holicman on 08/06/18 at 8:44 am

Rip Charlotte Rae 😞.  https://youtu.be/ryXN-FyNMUw

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/06/18 at 3:40 pm

Don't forget Shavar Ross, who played Arnold's friend Dudley, and Danny Cooksey  who played Dixie Carter's young son, and who was in Terminator 2.

Written By: nally on 08/06/18 at 4:20 pm

R.I.P Charlotte... she'll be missed for sure. :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/06/18 at 5:54 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

and don't forget the other maid is still with us, Mary Jo Catlett

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/mash/images/4/47/Mary_Jo_Catlett.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170317191120

My mother worked with Mary Jo and she even came to our house once. I wrote her a letter when she was on General Hospital and she responded-to my mother at my request saying that she did remember my mother and said that I brought back memories. When my mother passed away, I inherited the autograph pic of Mary Jo.

Cat 

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/06/18 at 5:58 pm

Don't forget Shavar Ross, who played Arnold's friend Dudley, and Danny Cooksey  who played Dixie Carter's young son, and who was in Terminator 2.

Well then maybe there is hope for at least one more reunion show.

Written By: Howard on 08/07/18 at 7:45 am

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

My mother worked with Mary Jo and she even came to our house once. I wrote her a letter when she was on General Hospital and she responded-to my mother at my request saying that she did remember my mother and said that I brought back memories. When my mother passed away, I inherited the autograph pic of Mary Jo.

Cat

That's wonderful. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...