inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: And then there were two.. Lynyrd Skynyrd Guitarist Ed King Plays his last riff

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/23/18 at 4:58 pm

Legendary bassist and later guitarist for Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ed King, has passed away at the age of 68.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/lynyrd-skynyrd-guitarist-ed-king-dead-at-68-714847/

This leaves only Gary Rossington and Artemis Pyle as the lone surviving members of Skynyrd's heyday years. 

Subject: Re: And then there were two.. Lynyrd Skynyrd Guitarist Ed King Plays his last riff

Written By: nally on 08/23/18 at 5:49 pm

R.I.P. Ed King :(

Subject: Re: And then there were two.. Lynyrd Skynyrd Guitarist Ed King Plays his last riff

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/23/18 at 6:27 pm

He was also in the psychedelic rock band Strawberry Alarm Clock (best known for their 1967 hit "Incense and Peppermints") before joining Lynyrd Skynyrd.

RIP Mr. King.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/23/18 at 9:31 pm

Sad to hear this!  Such a legendary guitarist  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Ed King

Written By: nally on 08/24/18 at 12:44 am

He was also in the psychedelic rock band Strawberry Alarm Clock (best known for their 1967 hit "Incense and Peppermints") before joining Lynyrd Skynyrd.

RIP Mr. King.

Ah yes, I somehow knew he was also with them. He apparently helped write that song, but didn't receive credit for doing so. :-\\

Written By: Howard on 08/24/18 at 8:12 am

R.I.P. Ed King :(

R.I.P. Ed King. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...