inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: John McCain dies

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 08/25/18 at 7:55 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/john-mccain-‘maverick’-of-the-senate-and-former-pow-dies-at-81/ar-BBMqOiT?ocid=spartanntp

BREAKING: John McCain, ‘maverick’ of the Senate and former POW, dies at 81

Sen. McCain, 81, died Aug. 25 at his ranch near Sedona, Ariz., his office announced in a statement. The senator was diagnosed last July with a brain tumor, and his family announced this week that he was discontinuing medical treatment.

I just found out. I didn't always agree with him (Plus, I voted for Obama.), but this is still quite sad. Cancer sucks. Whatever your political views, this man was an American hero and a true patriot. One of the better Republicans.

RIP

Subject: Re: John McCain dies

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/25/18 at 8:15 pm

I created a thread on this already. Just post in there.

Written By: Wobo on 08/25/18 at 8:18 pm

Wow :o , rest in peace  :\'( .

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 08/25/18 at 8:55 pm

I created a thread on this already. Just post in there.

You posted yours while I was in the middle of posting mine. Great minds think alike.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/25/18 at 9:57 pm

R.I.P.

In four days, he would have turned 82.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/25/18 at 10:43 pm

Oh no - sad to hear  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. John McCain

Written By: meesa on 08/26/18 at 12:14 am

That seems sudden to me...they had just announced that he would stop treatments.
I did not agree with his policies, but he was a decent man in a time when decent men are becoming rare in the political arena.
May his soul now be free from trouble, and he rest easy.
Semper Fidelis

Written By: nally on 08/26/18 at 12:02 pm

I just found out. I didn't always agree with him (Plus, I voted for Obama.), but this is still quite sad. Cancer sucks. Whatever your political views, this man was an American hero and a true patriot. One of the better Republicans.

RIP

Agreed, he was actually a likeable guy in some regards.

R.I.P.

In four days, he would have turned 82.

That's right, it's always sad when someone dies, especially so close to their birthday. :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/26/18 at 12:55 pm

I, too have disagreed with his politics but he was a VERY honorable man, a hero, and a true patriot. I wish there were more like him. His major mistake was picking Sarah Palin as a running mate.

My thoughts go out to his family.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/26/18 at 4:27 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/john-mccain-‘maverick’-of-the-senate-and-former-pow-dies-at-81/ar-BBMqOiT?ocid=spartanntp

BREAKING: John McCain, ‘maverick’ of the Senate and former POW, dies at 81

RIP

R.I.P. John McCain. :\'(

Written By: nally on 08/26/18 at 9:02 pm

I, too have disagreed with his politics but he was a VERY honorable man, a hero, and a true patriot. I wish there were more like him.

True that.

His major mistake was picking Sarah Palin as a running mate.

Yup.

Written By: Elor on 08/27/18 at 5:19 am

He was one of the few Republicans I have respect for. RIP sir.

Check for new replies or respond here...