inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Burt Reynolds Gone at 82

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/06/18 at 3:16 pm

Just saw this on the news wires. Legendary actor and man’s man Burt Reynolds has made his last curtain call.  :\'(

Subject: Re: Burt Reynolds Gone at 82

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/06/18 at 3:22 pm

I just saw that, too. Shocker.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 09/06/18 at 3:24 pm

Just woke up to this. fudge. He lived a great life. RIP.

Written By: KatanaChick on 09/06/18 at 3:26 pm

Not another one.  :\'( I didn't even know he was that old honestly!

Written By: Howard on 09/06/18 at 3:27 pm

Just saw this on the news wires. Legendary actor and man’s man Burt Reynolds has made his last curtain call.  :\'(

I was shocked to see this too, he lived a great life and he was quite the handsome sexy man, R.I.P. Burt Reynolds. :\'(

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/06/18 at 4:01 pm

RIP to Burt Reynolds. He was a legend! :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/06/18 at 5:01 pm

I was shocked to see this too, he lived a great life and he was quite the handsome sexy man, R.I.P. Burt Reynolds. :\'(

Dude was a stud. He partied with Judy Carne, Loni Anderson, and Sally Fields, just to name a few.  :P

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/06/18 at 5:08 pm

Dude was a stud. He partied with Judy Carne, Loni Anderson, and Sally Fields, just to name a few.  :P

Actually, he was married to Judy Carne in the 60s. He also dated Dinah Shore which was considered odd because even then she was an older lady and 20 years his senior. But he always spoke of her like she was the love of his life, even in his later years.

Written By: nally on 09/06/18 at 6:08 pm

I just saw that, too. Shocker.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Ditto :\'( :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/06/18 at 6:16 pm

He also dated Dinah Shore which was considered odd because even then she was an older lady and 20 years his senior.

I don't blame him. Dinah was smoking hot.  :P

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/06/18 at 6:35 pm

Sad!  I loved him in Smokey and the Bandit!  An icon of my generation, he will be missed  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Burt Reynolds

Written By: meesa on 09/06/18 at 9:21 pm

Smokey and the Bandit
Cannonball Run
The End
Paternity

But my favorite of all was Hooper. Still watch that show every time I get a chance.

You'll be missed, cowboy.

Written By: Doc Brown on 09/06/18 at 9:47 pm

Sad!  I loved him in Smokey and the Bandit!  An icon of my generation, he will be missed  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

The Angels caught the Bandit, even if Smokey never did.
That's one more to have his ashes spread, in a place, called Evening Shade.
Vaya Con Dios, Burt.

Your Pal,
Doc

:\'(

Written By: Howard on 09/07/18 at 7:14 am

and he also posed nude too.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 09/07/18 at 9:21 am

Damn this one is tough :\'(. So many stars from the 20th century are now just... gone. RIP Burt, you were a legend!

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/08/18 at 1:12 am

Damn this one is tough :\'(. So many stars from the 20th century are now just... gone. RIP Burt, you were a legend!

Well three of the other main characters from Deliverance are still with us. Ronny Cox, Jon Voight, and Ned Beatty are still out there acting.  :)

I'd like to seem them get together and do a movie "Deliverance II".  The theme would be them taking a second shot at a fun boating trip, the one they were denied their first time out. Unfortunately they are recognized by the mountain man's cousins who start to follow them, and Ned the suffers the indignity of squealing like a pig, 45 years later  :o.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/08/18 at 9:11 pm

Smokey and the Bandit
Cannonball Run
The End
Paternity

But my favorite of all was Hooper. Still watch that show every time I get a chance.

You'll be missed, cowboy.

Can't forgot about the Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.

My favs were Cannonball Run & Stroker Ace.

I learned yesterday that Burt got his start at the Hyde Park Playhouse in New York in the 50s. My mother worked there in the early '70s. The Playhouse used to be the old stables for the Vanderbilt mansion.

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/09/18 at 12:08 am

I learned yesterday that Burt got his start at the Hyde Park Playhouse in New York in the 50s. My mother worked there in the early '70s. The Playhouse used to be the old stables for the Vanderbilt mansion.

Cat

Ah, very interesting! O0 Ya learn something new every day.

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/13/18 at 12:28 pm

He was in a movie with Dolly Partner!!!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/13/18 at 12:32 pm

He was in a movie with Dolly Partner!!!!!
"The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas", and for the closing song "I Will Always Love You" Dolly Parton had Burt Reynolds as the inspiration for that now classic  song.

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/13/18 at 12:34 pm

"The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas", and for the closing song "I Will Always Love You" Dolly Parton had Burt Reynolds as the inspiration for that now classic  song.

She actually wrote that song about Porter Wagoner many years prior.  She remade it for Whorehouse.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/13/18 at 12:36 pm

She actually wrote that song about Porter Wagoner many years prior.  She remade it for Whorehouse.
I learn something new every day.

Check for new replies or respond here...