inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Stephen Hillenburg (Spongebob creator and Rocko animator) dies at 57

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 11/27/18 at 2:57 pm

http://myconnection.cox.com/article/trending/477c92d8-f271-11e8-8c8c-7dce2f4e9b7f/

Stephen Hillenburg, an animator on Joe Murray's Rocko's Modern Life and later the creator of another Nickelodeon hit, SpongeBob SquarePants, has died from ALS. He was 57.

He announced his diagnosis in March of 2017.

Total shock. I had no idea. Two great Nicktoons. RIP.

Subject: Re: Steven Hillenburg (Spongebob creator and Rocko animator) dies at 57

Written By: wsmith4 on 11/27/18 at 2:58 pm

This is the guy who directed E.T. and Star Wars, right?

Subject: Re: Stephen Hillenburg (Spongebob creator and Rocko animator) dies at 57

Written By: duenas8 on 11/27/18 at 4:24 pm

RIP Ocean Man  :\'(

Subject: Re: Stephen Hillenburg (Spongebob creator and Rocko animator) dies at 57

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 11/27/18 at 4:25 pm

RIP to Stephen Hillburg. He was a animation legend :\'(

I thank him for giving the world Spongebob! Stephen Hillenburg's legacy will live on forever.

Subject: Re: Steven Hillenburg (Spongebob creator and Rocko animator) dies at 57

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/27/18 at 5:30 pm

This is the guy who directed E.T. and Star Wars, right?

No that's Steven Spielberg.

The subject of this thread is the guy who created Squarebob Spongepants.

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/27/18 at 8:37 pm

No that's Steven Spielberg.

The subject of this thread is the guy who created Squarebob Spongepants.

You would think he would have some dignity. This definitely isn't the thread for his shenanigans but dude still posted anyway.

ReighMan! Pass down that warning!

Written By: wsmith4 on 11/28/18 at 5:45 am

You would think he would have some dignity. This definitely isn't the thread for his shenanigans but dude still posted anyway.

ReighMan! Pass down that warning!

What the hell are you talking about?

Written By: Howard on 11/28/18 at 3:06 pm

http://myconnection.cox.com/article/trending/477c92d8-f271-11e8-8c8c-7dce2f4e9b7f/

Stephen Hillenburg, an animator on Joe Murray's Rocko's Modern Life and later the creator of another Nickelodeon hit, SpongeBob SquarePants, has died from ALS. He was 57.

So that would be the end of Spongebob? :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/28/18 at 5:33 pm

So that would be the end of Spongebob? :(

I don't think so. Sponge could live on via CGI technology.

Written By: piecesof93 on 11/28/18 at 8:00 pm

RIP to Stephen Hillburg. He was a animation legend :\'(

I thank him for giving the world Spongebob! Stephen Hillenburg's legacy will live on forever.

Written By: floppy on 11/30/18 at 10:05 am

its sad to see such a legend that helped shaped gen z's childhoods and culture pass away

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/18 at 9:40 am

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...