inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: José Castillo Slides Home

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/07/18 at 5:53 am

Early 2000's Venezuelan baseball phenom José Castillo has passed away in an auto accident that also claimed the life of fellow player Luis Valbuena.  They were on their way home after playing a ball game in the Venezuelan winter leagues. :\'(

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/mlb/news/luis-valbuena-and-jose-castillo-killed-in-car-crash-in-venezuela-former-mlb-players/pw3j0ijfzw2h1bkxza1fwod45

José was drafted to play for the Picksburgh Pirates in 2003 as he had been ranked as the 4th leading prospect that year.  8)

After four seasons with the Pirates, he went on to headline with the Florida Marlins, the San Francisco (baseball) Giants, and the Houston Astros. He later went on to play in the Japanese leagues for the 7-Eleven Lions and the Yohohama BayStars before moving back to the leagues of his native country.

Subject: Re: José Castillo Slides Home

Written By: AmericanGirl on 12/07/18 at 6:23 am

So sad to hear  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Jose Castillo and Luis Valbuena

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/07/18 at 4:10 pm

Venezuelan authorities are now suspecting fowl play in the deaths of these two ball players.

https://halohangout.com/2018/12/07/luis-valbuena-death-investigated-as-foul-play/

Subject: Re: José Castillo and Luis Valbuena Slide Home

Written By: nally on 12/08/18 at 5:48 pm

So sad to hear  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Jose Castillo and Luis Valbuena

Definitely, especially for two players in the same accident :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/09/18 at 3:52 pm

I just saw in the news, the death of Mr. Castillo was no accident. Their car was accosted by robbers, and while the driver was trying to drive away, the car crashed.

The robbers were arrested by the Venezuelan cops. 

Check for new replies or respond here...