inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Larry "The Axe" Henning Tags out of the Ring

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/08/18 at 11:39 am

Larry Henning, patriarch of a wrestling family who himself worked in the ring as Larry "The Axe" Henning, has passed away at the age of 82.

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1028625-larry-hennig-death-reactions

Larry was old-school during wrestling's golden age. He fought against the big boys, including a tag team match (teamed up with "Pretty Boy" Harley Race) against the dream team of Bruno Sammartino  :o and Domenic Denucci. Dude had to have guts to go into the ring against Bruno, and Domenic of course applied his signature "airplane spin" maneuver. Axe and Pretty Boy did not prevail that night.  ;D

Later The Axe went on to develop more talent, including his son, the late Curt "Mister Perfect" Henning, and grandson Joe "Curtis Axel" Henning.  8)

Subject: Re: Larry "The Axe" Henning Tags out of the Ring

Written By: Howard on 12/08/18 at 2:11 pm

Larry Henning, patriarch of a wrestling family who himself worked in the ring as Larry "The Axe" Henning, has passed away at the age of 82.

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1028625-larry-hennig-death-reactions

Larry was old-school during wrestling's golden age. He fought against the big boys, including a tag team match (teamed up with "Pretty Boy" Harley Race) against the dream team of Bruno Sammartino  :o and Domenic Denucci. Dude had to have guts to go into the ring against Bruno, and Domenic of course applied his signature "airplane spin" maneuver. Axe and Pretty Boy did not prevail that night.  ;D

Later The Axe went on to develop more talent, including his son, the late Curt "Mister Perfect" Henning, and grandson Joe "Curtis Axel" Henning.  8)

R.I.P. Larry The Ax Henning, My Father would remember him, that was his era, my era would be Mr.Perfect around the late 80's-early mid 90's.

Subject: Re: Larry "The Axe" Henning Tags out of the Ring

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/08/18 at 2:48 pm

R.I.P. Larry The Ax Henning, My Father would remember him, that was his era, my era would be Mr.Perfect around the late 80's-early mid 90's.

I remember all of these guys.

Domenic Denucci lives only 4 or 5 miles from my place.  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...