inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: R&B Crooner Larry Cunningham Floats On

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/12/19 at 7:56 am

1970's R&B performer Larry Cunningham has passed away at the age of 67. Larry was part of the Detroit singing group The Floaters, who were huge in the later 1970's. Their signature hit, "Float On", hit #2 on the Billboard Top 100 in 1977.  8)

Out on a date and needed to take things to the next level back then? All a guy had to do was pop a cassette of Float On into the car radio and he'd be good to go.  :P

Here are a couple videos of that tune.  Man, those guys were smoooooooooooth, and they did an awesomely choreographed stage act too.  8)

HZklwTGZutc#

_D5fGLOLSwI

Subject: Re: R&B Crooner Larry Cunningham Floats On

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/12/19 at 9:19 am

Sad!  I enjoyed the song Float On - too soon to say goodbye  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Larry Cunningham

Written By: Howard on 01/12/19 at 2:16 pm

1970's R&B performer Larry Cunningham has passed away at the age of 67. Larry was part of the Detroit singing group The Floaters, who were huge in the later 1970's. Their signature hit, "Float On", hit #2 on the Billboard Top 100 in 1977.  8)

Out on a date and needed to take things to the next level back then? All a guy had to do was pop a cassette of Float On into the car radio and he'd be good to go.  :P

Here are a couple videos of that tune.  Man, those guys were smoooooooooooth, and they did an awesomely choreographed stage act too.  8)

HZklwTGZutc#

_D5fGLOLSwI

I loved "Float On", good song. Now Mr.Cunningham is floating on. :\'(

Written By: nally on 01/14/19 at 12:15 pm

I've heard "Float On" a few times. R.I.P. to Larry.

Check for new replies or respond here...