inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cry Like a Baby - Reggie Young Has Passed

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/19/19 at 7:35 am

Reggie Young's name may not be instantly familiar to the masses, but his guitar work has been heard by nearly everyone with a set of ears: The sultry opening of Dusty Springfield’s “Son of a Preacher Man,” the signature electric sitar of the Box Tops' "Cry Like a Baby," the dramatic swells on Elvis Presley’s "Suspicious Minds" and "In the Ghetto,” and literally hundreds of other hits and classics. 

The 82-year-old Young died Thursday night at his home outside Nashville, following an illustrious seven-decade career.  :\'(

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/2019/01/18/guitarist-reggie-young-dies-memphis-music-elvis-presley-nashville-music/2613228002/

Amongst the countless hit records for which he provided the guitar work was "Hooked on a Feeling" (oog a chakah)  and "Somebody Done another Wrong Song", backing "BJ" Thomas.  He also did the intro to Dobie Gray's "Drift Away" 8)

Additionally he played on Willie Nelson's "Always on My Mind", and Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline". Reggie was the real deal.

He even did backup work for Sine-aid O'Connor.  :-X

Subject: Re: Cry Like a Baby - Reggie Young Has Passed

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/19/19 at 9:58 am

He was quite the musical genius, giving us so much great sound - sad to say goodbye  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Reggie Young

Subject: Re: Cry Like a Baby - Reggie Young Has Passed

Written By: Howard on 01/19/19 at 1:49 pm

Reggie Young's name may not be instantly familiar to the masses, but his guitar work has been heard by nearly everyone with a set of ears: The sultry opening of Dusty Springfield’s “Son of a Preacher Man,” the signature electric sitar of the Box Tops' "Cry Like a Baby," the dramatic swells on Elvis Presley’s "Suspicious Minds" and "In the Ghetto,” and literally hundreds of other hits and classics. 

The 82-year-old Young died Thursday night at his home outside Nashville, following an illustrious seven-decade career.  :\'(

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/2019/01/18/guitarist-reggie-young-dies-memphis-music-elvis-presley-nashville-music/2613228002/

Amongst the countless hit records for which he provided the guitar work was "Hooked on a Feeling" (oog a chakah)  and "Somebody Done another Wrong Song", backing "BJ" Thomas.  He also did the intro to Dobie Gray's "Drift Away" 8)

Additionally he played on Willie Nelson's "Always on My Mind", and Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline". Reggie was the real deal.

He even did backup work for Sine-aid O'Connor.  :-X

R.I.P. Reggie Young. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...