inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sayonara to Masazō Nonaka, World's Oldest Man

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/20/19 at 7:25 am

Japanese supercentenarian Masazō Nonaka has passed away unexpectedly at the age of 113 years and 179 days.  :\'(

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8237158/worlds-oldest-man-masazo-nonaka-dead/

He was named the World's Oldest Man only last April, so he did not get much time to enjoy his reign at the top. His family said that there was nothing wrong with him, but they discovered that he was not breathing when they found him.  :-\\

There are six Japanese women still living who are older than Nonaka-san, one of whom, Kane Tanaka, is more than 116 years old.  :o

The title of World's Oldest Man now goes to German Gustav Gerneth, who is 113 years and 97 days old.

Subject: Re: Sayonara to Masazō Nonaka, World's Oldest Man

Written By: Dundee on 01/20/19 at 8:34 am

R.I.P. :(

Wow, 113 years that's a lot tho! I will see another '10s decade if I live this long ;D.

Subject: Re: Sayonara to Masazō Nonaka, World's Oldest Man

Written By: nally on 01/20/19 at 11:18 am

R.I.P. :(

Wow, 113 years that's a lot tho!

Sure is. O0

I will see another '10s decade if I live this long ;D.

I on the other hand certainly won't, because then I would have to live to age 130, which is not possible. If I lived as long as this guy who recently passed away, then I would need to live through the year 2093 (in which case I would get to see another 90's decade). Not counting on it.

Check for new replies or respond here...