inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Albert Finney, British actor, dies aged 82

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/19 at 8:44 am

Oscar-nominated British actor Albert Finney has died aged 82 after a short illness. He was a five-time Oscar nominee who began his career at the Royal Shakespeare Company before making his mark in film. His big film break came as "angry young man" Arthur Seaton in Saturday Night and Sunday Morning. He went on to star in Tom Jones, as Hercule Poirot in Murder on the Orient Express, Erin Brockovich and Skyfall. A statement from a family spokesman said: "Albert Finney, aged 82, passed away peacefully after a short illness with those closest to him by his side. "The family request privacy at this sad time."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47175304

Subject: Re: Albert Finney, British actor, dies aged 82

Written By: nally on 02/08/19 at 11:54 am

R.I.P. Albert :\'(

I know he starred in the movie Scrooge, a film adaptation of Charles Dickens' classic book A Christmas Carol (among many other productions).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/08/19 at 11:57 am

:\'( :\'( :\'(  I always liked him.

I know he starred in the movie Scrooge, a film adaptation of Charles Dickens' classic book A Christmas Carol (among many other productions).

I LOVE that movie-my favorite version of A Christmas Carol.

He was also in Tom Jones & Looker. I'm sure there were more but those are the ones that I recall him being in.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/08/19 at 1:19 pm

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMmY1MzYwYzYtOWM5ZC00MDc0LThmOTMtOGZkMDcxNjYxMTZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAwODA4Mw@@._V1_.jpg

He also appeared in Annie too, R.I.P. Albert Finney. :\'(

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 02/08/19 at 4:31 pm

I thought that was the one with Alastair Sim?

Written By: nally on 02/08/19 at 9:12 pm

I thought that was the one with Alastair Sim?

Not to my knowledge...unless I'm missing something?

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 02/09/19 at 2:29 am

Not to my knowledge...unless I'm missing something?

Okay. Got it. Alastair's Sim's Scrooge (also known as A Christmas Carol) came out in 1951. Albert Finney's Scrooge came out in 1970.

Written By: Dude111 on 02/09/19 at 3:40 am

Very sad :(

Written By: nally on 02/09/19 at 11:19 am

Okay. Got it. Alastair's Sim's Scrooge (also known as A Christmas Carol) came out in 1951. Albert Finney's Scrooge came out in 1970.

That's right. He was quite young when he played the title role, although when I watched it on video I was unaware of the production year.

Written By: Dude111 on 02/10/19 at 5:21 am

Very sad :(

Written By: lpg_unit on 02/11/19 at 12:06 am

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMmY1MzYwYzYtOWM5ZC00MDc0LThmOTMtOGZkMDcxNjYxMTZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAwODA4Mw@@._V1_.jpg

He also appeared in Annie too, R.I.P. Albert Finney. :\'(

Annie veterans Aileen Quinn, Bernadette Peters and Lea Salonga tweeted their regards recently. His passing came as quite a shock but he was blessed with a long life and an accomplished career.

Check for new replies or respond here...