inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jan-Michael Vincent Gone

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/08/19 at 6:33 pm

In a late report, just released today, it was revealed that legendary 70s and 80s heartthrob Jan-Michael Vincent passed away on February 10th.  :\'(

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/actor-jan-michael-vincent-airwolf-died-61563864

Jan made his breakthrough role in White Line Fever (with a star studded cast that included the lovely Kay Lenz :-* and Slim Pickens), crashing his Ford cabover truck into a glass building.  8)

Later he went on to the classic TV series Airwolf, pulling in a cool $200,000 per episode.

Subject: Re: Jan-Michael Vincent Gone

Written By: nally on 03/08/19 at 6:35 pm

Wow, another classic TV star dies? R.I.P, even if it's almost a month past the actual date of passing... :\'(

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/08/19 at 8:16 pm

For some reason I thought he died years ago. 

Written By: gibbo on 03/09/19 at 2:21 am

The two things I remember him for were The Mechanic (with Charles Bronson) and Treasure Island (which was played as part of The Banana Splits Show).

I always wanted to get my hair like his...  RIP

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/09/19 at 5:04 am

For some reason I thought he died years ago.

Well he had a rough life after Airwolf signed off. His drug and alcohol addictions caused the meaty TV and movie roles to evaporate. I saw an interview with him a few years ago and he was unrecognizable, showing far more miles than were actually on the odometer.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 03/09/19 at 2:10 pm

In a late report, just released today, it was revealed that legendary 70s and 80s heartthrob Jan-Michael Vincent passed away on February 10th.  :\'(

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/actor-jan-michael-vincent-airwolf-died-61563864

Jan made his breakthrough role in White Line Fever (with a star studded cast that included the lovely Kay Lenz :-* and Slim Pickens), crashing his Ford cabover truck into a glass building.  8)

Later he went on to the classic TV series Airwolf, pulling in a cool $200,000 per episode.

R.I.P. Jan Michael Vincent.  :\'(

Subject: Jan-Michael Vincent Gone

Written By: Dude111 on 03/11/19 at 4:33 am

Very sad :(

Check for new replies or respond here...