inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Farewell to Randy Jackson as He Slides Home

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/21/19 at 5:16 pm

1950s Major League Baseball player Ransom “Randy” Jackson has passed away at the age of 93.  :\'(

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/20/obituaries/randy-jackson-dead.html

Never heard of him? He was the last Brooklyn Dodger to hit a home run, a three-run homer against the Phillies.  8)

Subject: Re: Farewell to Ransom 'Randy' Jackson as He Slides Home

Written By: nally on 03/21/19 at 7:08 pm

Actually I hadn't heard of him. But I'm glad it's not a certain other guy who shares the name. (There've been quite a few such people lately, who pass away and share their first-and-last names with more famous entities.)

R.I.P. Ransom Randy :(

Now he is reunited with ex-teammate Don Newcombe, who passed away last month.

Written By: Howard on 03/22/19 at 5:54 am

Actually I hadn't heard of him. But I'm glad it's not a certain other guy who shares the name. (There've been quite a few such people lately, who pass away and share their first-and-last names with more famous entities.)

R.I.P. Ransom Randy :(

Now he is reunited with ex-teammate Don Newcombe, who passed away last month.

There's Randy Jackson from The Jacksons & also the other one that appeared on the panel of American Idol years ago.

Written By: nally on 03/22/19 at 11:28 am

There's Randy Jackson from The Jacksons & also the other one that appeared on the panel of American Idol years ago.

That's right... and both men are still alive and well.

According to Wikopedia, there are three other known guys with that name: (1) a rock guitarist with the band Zebra (from New Orleans, Louisiana); (2) an American football offensive lineman who played for the Chicago Bears (and just turned 75 a couple weeks ago; also, his given name was Randall); and (3) a late American football runningback who had a short-lived career in the 1970s (passed away in 2010 at age 61).

Subject: Farewell to Randy Jackson as He Slides Home

Written By: Dude111 on 03/24/19 at 5:56 pm

Very sad :(

Check for new replies or respond here...