inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tim Conway Signs Off

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/14/19 at 3:06 pm

Just saw that the legendary comedian Tim Conway has passed away at the age of 85.  :\'(

Subject: Re: Tim Conway Signs Off

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/14/19 at 4:04 pm

Just saw that the legendary comedian Tim Conway has passed away at the age of 85.  :\'(

How sad! He probably would have gone at least 10 more years. RIP, Tim :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/14/19 at 4:13 pm

So sad. I used to watch the Carol Burnett show religiously and always loved how no one could keep a straight face when he was on the show. To me, that was always funnier than the actual skit.

This is classic and it never aired but I'm sure everyone in this scene thought that they would die laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY

He will be missed.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: nally on 05/14/19 at 5:37 pm

Wow, this is sad. :o He will be greatly missed, that's for sure.

R.I.P Tim :\'(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/14/19 at 7:46 pm

I just heard this.  He was a fantastic comic - sad  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Tim Conway

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/15/19 at 1:09 am

Wow. Didn't see this one coming at all. I was wondering why Harvey Korman and Carol Burnett were trending on Twitter. Then I saw Tim Conway near the top. Oh crap.

He was a part of two comedy duos, with which he's now reunited. Conway & Korman, and Conway & Borgnine (or Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, if you will). RIP.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/19 at 1:17 am

Wow. Didn't see this one coming at all. I was wondering why Harvey Korman and Carol Burnett were trending on Twitter. Then I saw Tim Conway near the top. Oh crap.

He was a part of two comedy duos, with which he's now reunited. Conway & Korman, and Conway & Borgnine (or Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, if you will). RIP.
So sad  to hear news of a passing of a highly regarded comedian.

How can Harvey Korman be trending on Twitter he passed away back in 2008?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/15/19 at 11:29 am

So sad  to hear news of a passing of a highly regarded comedian.

How can Harvey Korman be trending on Twitter he passed away back in 2008?

Because the two of them were sort of a comic team-mostly consisted of Harvey trying very hard not to laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIqofVwYi4I

Cat

Written By: Howard on 05/15/19 at 3:27 pm

R.I.P. to such a hilarious comedian, he made me laugh. :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/15/19 at 6:38 pm

Hate to say it but the cast of McHale’s Navy certainly had more than their share of bad luck.

Key cast members such as Mr. Conway, Ernest Borgnine, Joe Flynn (Capt. Binghamton), Carl Ballantine (Gruber), Billy Sands (Tinker Bell), Edson Stroll (the studly Virgil), Gary Vinson (Christopher), Bob Hastings (Binghamton’s sidekick, Elroy) have all taken their final bows.  :\'(

The only main castmates left are Gavin McLeod and Yoshio Yoda (Fuji, the POW). At this point, I imagine that a reunion show is probably out of the question.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/16/19 at 12:52 am

The only main castmates left are Gavin McLeod and Yoshio Yoda (Fuji, the POW). At this point, I imagine that a reunion show is probably out of the question.

At this point, the only McHale's Navy that can reunite is the 1997 Tom Arnold film.  :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/16/19 at 11:56 am

Hate to say it but the cast of McHale’s Navy certainly had more than their share of bad luck.

Key cast members such as Mr. Conway, Ernest Borgnine, Joe Flynn (Capt. Binghamton), Carl Ballantine (Gruber), Billy Sands (Tinker Bell), Edson Stroll (the studly Virgil), Gary Vinson (Christopher), Bob Hastings (Binghamton’s sidekick, Elroy) have all taken their final bows.  :\'(

It must be a curse.  ;)

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/16/19 at 4:08 pm

It must be a curse.  ;)

Cat

Indeed. Much like Hogan’s Heroes, Diff’rent Strokes, and Gone With the Wind.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 05/18/19 at 5:35 am

Tim was certainly a comedic genius. His pairing with Harvey Korman will forever be comedy Gold. It's been a difficult week for losing celebrities...  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...