inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Final Test Drive for Lee Iacocca

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/03/19 at 5:03 am

Legendary auto industry visionary and executive, Lido “Lee” Iacocca, has passed away at the age of 94, from complications of Parkinsonism.  :\'(

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/lee-iacocca-dead-chrysler-ford-mustang

Lee was the main promoter of the Ford Mustang and the Ford Pinto.  Later in 1978, he was fired from Ford by Henry Ford II, and two weeks later was hired as COO of Chrysler Corporation. At the time Chrysler was circling the proverbial drain, selling dreck such as Chrysler Cordobas with “fine Corinthian leather”, and Rex Harrison pimping the Dodge Aspen.  8-P

Iacocca first slashed costs and got the company under control. Then he launched the minivan, and also spearheaded development of the economical “K Car” line, which became known as “the car that saved Chrysler”.  8)

In contrast to today’s executive wimps who cant seem to find a necktie and stand on big stages with massive screens behind them, ol’ Lee personally did commercials in a business suit, from his car factory floors and challenged buyers that “If you can find a better car, BUY it!”  8)

0qm7m0Y9e80
qlwK_zGHEzo
Ezr-wnVadFE

Subject: Re: Final Test Drive for Lee Iacocca

Written By: nally on 07/03/19 at 11:03 am

Just heard about this last night. He sure lived a long time and made a name for himself in the auto industry.

R.I.P. Lee Iacocca-Cola :(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/03/19 at 3:22 pm

He saved Chrysler - and did it with style.  Sad to say goodbye  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Lee Iacocca

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/11/19 at 5:11 am

A (somewhat inebriated) associate of mine once attempted to introduce himself to ol’ Lee as Lee was leaving the Fairlane Club in Dearborn one night. He extended his hand to Lee as Lee was getting into his limo, and darn near had the car door slammed on it!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...