inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Actor Rutger Hauer (75) Has Taken His Last Hitch

Written By: Henk on 07/24/19 at 12:41 pm

This just in:

Internationally acclaimed Dutch actor Rutger Hauer, best known for appearances in The Hitcher and Blade Runner, has died on July 19 at the age of 75.
He was buried today in a private circle, a spokesperson has revealed to the press.

Subject: Re: Actor Rutger Hauer (75) Has Taken His Last Hitch

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/24/19 at 6:16 pm

I wonder why they waited so long to announce his death? ???

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 07/25/19 at 4:51 am

Total shock.

He was great in Batman Begins. I'm not sure if I've seen The Hitcher, but I'm ashamed to say I have never had the opportunity (or the sound system) to watch Blade Runner. If I could find the Blu-ray with all five cuts...

RIP

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/25/19 at 8:49 am

Total shock.

He was great in Batman Begins. I'm not sure if I've seen The Hitcher, but I'm ashamed to say I have never had the opportunity (or the sound system) to watch Blade Runner. If I could find the Blu-ray with all five cuts...

RIP

If you saw "The Hitcher" you'd remember it. They later tried to remake it in 2007 with some generic actors of the time but the remake was a failure on every level. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/25/19 at 12:03 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

The Hitcher was a totally freaky movie. In a way, I am sorry that I saw it. Blade Runner was good but I LOVED him in Ladyhawke. If you have never seen this movie, I recommend it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGs4o_5jyhw
(Music by Alan Parsons Project)

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/25/19 at 12:29 pm

The Hitcher was a totally freaky movie. In a way, I am sorry that I saw it.

In some ways it seems like it was vaguely based on the Doors song "Riders On The Storm".

Check for new replies or respond here...