inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: More 2019 deaths

Written By: Mitch Kramer on 01/08/20 at 4:42 am

I think we might have missed a few notable people here.  I can't seem to find these passings mentioned, although this site's search function doesn't seem to work and Google doesn't seem to work very well either, so correct me if there are already topics for these people:

Agnes Varda (30 May 1928 – 29 March 2019)  Acclaimed French New Wave film maker ("Cleo From 5 to 7", "Vagabond").

I.M. Pei (26 April 1917 – 16 May 2019) Architect who designed the East Building of the National Gallery of Art and that glass pyramid thingie at the Louvre.

Murray Gell-Mann (September 15, 1929 – May 24, 2019) Nobel Prize winning physicist who proposed the quark model and the word "quark" for subatomic particles.

Yasuhiro Nakasone (27 May 1918 - 29 November 2019) Japanese Prime Minister during the mid-1980s.

Ram Dass (born Richard Alpert 6 April 1931 - 22 December 2019) New Age spiritual teacher, author of Be Here Now, conducted research on hallucinogens with Timothy Leary.

Subject: Re: More 2019 deaths

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/08/20 at 5:23 am

All gone way too soon.  :\'(

Subject: Re: More 2019 deaths

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 01/08/20 at 4:46 pm

I think the only French New Wave death we mentioned was Anna Karina.

I can't believe Jean-Luc Godard is still alive, same with G. Gordon Liddy. These people who read about in history or hear about retrospectively.

Check for new replies or respond here...