inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Poor Old Johnny Ray, Gone at 82

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/30/20 at 5:21 am

NASCAR phenom Johnny Ray has passed away at the age of 82.  :\'(

https://www.wvtm13.com/article/talladega-tradition-of-johnny-ray-s-big-rig-1580149397/30679178

In addition to his racing exploits, starting in ‘01 he was known for running his big rig for a lap at Talledega while the National anthem would play.  8)

Subject: Re: Poor Old Johnny Ray, Gone at 82

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/30/20 at 5:59 am

You made me jump then, I thought it was the singer Johnny Ray, but he died back in 1990.

R.I.P. Johnny Ray

Subject: Re: Poor Old Johnny Ray, Gone at 82 (NASCAR driver)

Written By: nally on 01/30/20 at 10:08 am

You made me jump then, I thought it was the singer Johnny Ray, but he died back in 1990.

R.I.P. Johnny Ray

I thought the same thing too!

There is also a former baseball player with that name, who played primarily in the 1980s with the Pirates and Angels, but that guy is still alive at 62.

Subject: Re: Poor Old Johnny Ray, Gone at 82

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/30/20 at 4:53 pm

R.I.P. Johnny Ray

You’re thinking of the rock precursor, Johnnie Ray.  8)

He sounded sad upon the radio, but he moved a million hearts in mono... 🎼

Written By: nally on 01/30/20 at 7:21 pm

You’re thinking of the rock precursor, Johnnie Ray.  8)

He sounded sad upon the radio, but he moved a million hearts in mono...

Yeah, he was the one who was being referred to by Dexy's Midnight Runners in the first few lines of their signature hit "Come On Eileen."

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/31/20 at 2:44 pm

Yeah, he was the one who was being referred to by Dexy's Midnight Runners in the first few lines of their signature hit "Come On Eileen."

Johnnie would have been 93 this year if he had not expired back in '90.  Unfortunately he was an alcoholic and basically destroyed his liver.  :-\\  :\'(

Written By: nally on 02/01/20 at 1:01 am

Johnnie would have been 93 this year if he had not expired back in '90.  Unfortunately he was an alcoholic and basically destroyed his liver.  :-\\  :\'(

I knew about that... :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...