inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nurse Kellye Leaves the 4077th

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/17/20 at 4:52 pm

Kellye Nakahara, who played Lieutenant Nurse Kellye Yamato on "M*A*S*H," has died.

www.yahoo.com/entertainment/m-h-actress-kellye-nakahara-223608964.html

Subject: Re: Nurse Kellye Leaves the 4077th

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/17/20 at 5:08 pm

How sad. I loved the ep where she gave Hawkeye what for (can't find the video). "And I'm cute as hell."

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/17/20 at 5:15 pm

How sad. I loved the ep where she gave Hawkeye what for (can't find the video). "And I'm cute as hell."

Cat

I believe you're referring to the "Hey Look Me Over" episode which was the first episode of season 11, the final season of M*A*S*H, where Nurse Kellye reveals she has a thing for Hawkeye. This episode came out of nowhere, especially for so late in the series, as Kellye never really expressed such an interest in Hawkeye in the previous ten seasons.

It's hilarious when she says in to Hawkeye this episode, "you treat me like a rag mop. R-a-g-g-m-o-p-p, rag mop!".  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/17/20 at 5:37 pm

Wow, yet another M*A*S*H cast loss.  :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/17/20 at 6:53 pm

I believe you're referring to the "Hey Look Me Over" episode which was the first episode of season 11, the final season of M*A*S*H, where Nurse Kellye reveals she has a thing for Hawkeye. This episode came out of nowhere, especially for so late in the series, as Kellye never really expressed such an interest in Hawkeye in the previous ten seasons.

It's hilarious when she says in to Hawkeye this episode, "you treat me like a rag mop. R-a-g-g-m-o-p-p, rag mop!".  ;D

I think that is the ep-sounds right. Yeah, "rag mop" was funny-especially in the middle of pouring her heart out.

We have the entire series on DVD and have watched them many, many times. It was the BEST series EVER!

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/17/20 at 7:54 pm

She was great in her role - "Hey Look Me Over", plus many others.  She will be missed  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Kellye Nakahara

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/17/20 at 8:44 pm

She was great in her role - "Hey Look Me Over", plus many others.  She will be missed  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Kellye Nakahara

If I am not mistaken, "Hey Look Me Over" is the only episode of M*A*S*H to have a major plotline revolve around Nurse Kelleye. Usually she was on the fringes of things, like several other supporting players such as Zale, Rizzo, Igor, etc.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/18/20 at 12:47 pm

If I am not mistaken, "Hey Look Me Over" is the only episode of M*A*S*H to have a major plotline revolve around Nurse Kelleye. Usually she was on the fringes of things, like several other supporting players such as Zale, Rizzo, Igor, etc.

I remember seeing a behind the scenes show. They were in the OR and between takes, Harry Morgan went up to Kellye, put his arm around her and kissed her head and said something like, "She has been here since the beginning." Or something like that.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...