inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: This Just in: Owen Bieber Gone

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/19/20 at 5:32 am

Owen Bieber, who presided over the United Auto Workers Union during a period where membership dropped by nearly 400,000 members, has passed away at the age of 90.  :\'(

https://apnews.com/a790c9fa49f412836bbc0b7fd38ceb06

“Union membership shrunk in size by about half between 1979 and 1995, Bieber’s last year as president. Bieber had hoped to unionize Japanese and German carmakers when they opened U.S. plants, but he only had one success: a GM-Toyota joint manufacturing plant in Fremont, California. GM closed that plant in 2010; it’s now owned by Tesla Inc., which is also not unionized.”

Subject: Re: This Just in: Owen Bieber Gone

Written By: nally on 02/19/20 at 5:48 pm

Ohh. At first I misread the title and though that it said Justin. :o

This guy wasn't related to Justin, was he?

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/19/20 at 6:05 pm

Ohh. At first I misread the title and though that it said Justin. :o

This guy wasn't related to Justin, was he?

I don’t know if they are related or not. Owen was famous before the singer was even born.

Written By: nally on 02/19/20 at 6:21 pm

I don’t know if they are related or not. Owen was famous before the singer was even born.

That would make sense, given that Justin is almost 26 now. Which would have made Owen 64 at the time of JB's birth.

Check for new replies or respond here...