inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The power of Christ compels Max von Sydow

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/09/20 at 2:30 pm

https://variety.com/2020/film/actors/seventh-seal-star-wars-actor-max-von-sydow-dies-at-90-1203527411/

Max von Sydow -- star of such films as The Exorcist, The Greatest Story Ever Told, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, and the films of Ingmar Bergman -- has died. He was 90.

Most recently, the actor starred in “Game of Thrones” as the Three-Eyed Raven. He also appeared in “Kursk: The Last Mission” (2018) and “Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens” (2017). In 2014 he was cast in J.J. Abrams’ continuation of the “Star Wars” saga, “Episode VII — The Force Awakens” as Lor San Tekka.

Von Sydow became Bergman’s on-screen alter ego and a regular Bergman player along with Gunnar Bjornstrand, Ingrid Thulin, Bibi Andersson, Gunnel Lindblom and Liv Ullman. He starred in “The Magician” and “The Virgin Spring” (a heart-breaking performance) and had a small role in “Wild Strawberries.” Von Sydow also starred in Bergman’s more personal, contemporary films such as “Hour of the Wolf,” “Shame,” “Through a Glass Darkly,” “Winter Light,” “The Passion of Anna” and “The Touch.” His clouded countenance expressed Bergman’s spiritual anguish with modern life.

Fun fact: He was only 43 in The Exorcist. Dick Smith's makeup was that convincing.

Subject: Re: The power of Christ compels Max von Sydow

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/10/20 at 12:42 am

I am saddened by this sad news. After seeing "The Exorcist" (under age) back in 1974, I have always followed the film career of Max von Sydow, enjoying his acting.

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/10/20 at 3:18 am

I was always hoping for an Exorcist reunion installment, e we here Max would have re-exorcised an adult Linda Blair

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/10/20 at 3:29 am

I was always hoping for an Exorcist reunion installment, e we here Max would have re-exorcised an adult Linda Blair
There were sequels, but sadly not up to the standard as the original.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/10/20 at 7:14 am

Exorcist III is somewhat well-regarded.

If it's any consolation, Ennio Morricone composed the score for The Heretic.

8iIZb0gOmFQ

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/10/20 at 8:16 am

Exorcist III is somewhat well-regarded.

If it's any consolation, Ennio Morricone composed the score for The Heretic.

8iIZb0gOmFQ
"Exorcist II", the one thing I remember about this film is falling asleep while viewing it.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/10/20 at 5:31 pm

Well Linda Blair :-* and Ellen Burstin are about the only remaining characters left, so here is my plot for an Exorcist final sequel.  8)

Turns out that Linda’s exorcism NEVER took hold, and it is she who has been knocking off the other players such as Jason Miller, Max Von Sydow, Lee J. Cobb, and so on over the past 47 years Ellen Burstin knows this all along, but covers for Linda figuring she’d never attack her Mum. BIG MISTAKE and that forms the plot of my sequel idea.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 03/10/20 at 6:46 pm

Well Linda Blair :-* and Ellen Burstin are about the only remaining characters left

Kitty Winn who played Sharon is still alive

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/11/20 at 12:54 pm

Kitty Winn who played Sharon is still alive

She gets killed off in my proposed sequel too. Opening scene.  :P

Subject: Max Von Sydow: Eight of his most famous roles

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/20 at 5:27 pm

Max Von Sydow starred in more than 100 films. Here are a few of his most famous roles:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51804924

Subject: The power of Christ compels Max von Sydow

Written By: Dude111 on 03/19/20 at 4:20 am

Very sad....... He does excellent on Flash Gordon :)

Check for new replies or respond here...