inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tweedy Bird Loc is Outta Here

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/05/20 at 7:06 am

Legendary Compton-area rapper Tweedy Bird Loc has passed away at the age of 52, reportedly due to a heart attack.  :\'(

https://myreligionisrap.com/tweedy-bird-loc-has-reportedly-passed-away-at-the-age-52/

Tweedy was an old school OG, coming up in the Kelly Park Compton Crips, and his raps with (and also attacking) the late Easy-E were odes to the G-life. Mess with Tweedy or his crew and you were gonna get beat down and catch a cap in yo’ behind.

In 1993, along with Ronnie Ron,Silkski, DJ Battlecat and J. Stank, Tweedy brought America the timeless ‘Bloods & Crips: Bangin On Wax.’

XHciJLat2kw

Tweedy Loc’s 1994 rap “Outta Here” cemented his status as the real deal. He was out there bangin hard. No nonsense about getting high on cough syrup like today’s wimps rap.  ::)

EcCzf-PMxZs

Subject: Re: Tweedy Bird Loc is Outta Here

Written By: nally on 04/05/20 at 11:32 am

I don't know who this guy was. At first I thought you were referring to Tone Loc, a late-1980s rapper (of "Wild Thing" and "Funky Cold Medina" fame) who went into acting in the 1990s.

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/05/20 at 12:26 pm

I don't know who this guy was. At first I thought you were referring to Tone Loc, a late-1980s rapper (of "Wild Thing" and "Funky Cold Medina" fame) who went into acting in the 1990s.

So did I.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/05/20 at 1:40 pm

Tone is still alive and well. Probably because he regularly partook of that funky cold Medina.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 04/05/20 at 3:55 pm

I was thinking the same thing.

Written By: nally on 04/05/20 at 5:01 pm

Tone is still alive and well. Probably because he regularly partook of that funky cold Medina.  ;)

That is true, he turned 54 last month. However, there has been reports of him having health problems in recent years. Glad he's okay though.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/05/20 at 8:04 pm

That is true, he turned 54 last month. However, there has been reports of him having health problems in recent years. Glad he's okay though.

That Medina’s a monster.

Check for new replies or respond here...