inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jaws actress Lee Fierro's last slap (COVID-19)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/05/20 at 7:24 pm

https://deadline.com/2020/04/lee-fierro-dead-jaws-actress-coronavirus-covid-19-1202901067/

President Trump?

AJLqTYAhlgk

Jaws actress Lee Fierro has died after complications with COVID-19. She was 91.

The news of Fierro’s death was reported by the Martha’s Vineyard Times. According to Kevin Ryan, artistic director and board president for Island Theatre Workshop, she was living in an assisted living facility in Ohio when she died. Fierro was a supporter of the Island Theatre Workshop for over 40 years during her time on Martha’s Vineyard. She was also a drama teacher and mentor at the Island Theatre Workshop.

In Steven Spielberg’s iconic 1975 horror Jaws, Fierro played the role of Alex Kintner’s (Jeffrey Voorhees) mother who’s (sic) son was killed by the titular shark. In a memorable scene, she is mourning her son’s death and walks up to Roy Scheider’s Brody and slaps him after learning he knew that a girl was killed after a shark attack. “You knew it was dangerous, but you let people go swimming anyway,” she told him while crying. “You knew all those things and still my boy is dead now, and there’s nothing you can do about it. My boy is dead. I wanted you to know that.” She went on to reprise her role in  1987’s Jaws: The Revenge.

This scene is what prompts Brody to team up with Quint and Hooper to kill the shark. Ms. Fierro was quite good in Jaws.

I can't help but see the Jaws parallels to COVID-19. Mayor Vaughn wouldn't close the beaches until it was too late.

Subject: Re: Jaws actress Lee Fierro's last slap (COVID-19)

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/05/20 at 8:03 pm

Another Jaws cast member is gone.  :\'(

Looks like we won’t have an original-cast Jaws V sequel now.

Subject: Re: Jaws actress Lee Fierro's last slap (COVID-19)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/20 at 4:15 am

So sad  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...