inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Breaking: Kelly Preston dies of breast cancer

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 07/13/20 at 1:03 am

https://hollywoodlife.com/2020/07/13/kelly-preston-dead-breast-cancer/

Wow. Totally unexpected. RIP.

Subject: Re: Breaking: Kelly Preston dies of breast cancer

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/13/20 at 4:50 am

So sad!

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/13/20 at 2:02 pm

This surprised me when I read it this morning. I do feel bad for John Travolta. First his son, now his wife.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/13/20 at 2:46 pm

https://hollywoodlife.com/2020/07/13/kelly-preston-dead-breast-cancer/

Wow. Totally unexpected. RIP.

RIP Kelly Preston, she will be missed.  :\'(

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/13/20 at 7:17 pm

A sad footnote: This is the second time Travolta has lost a woman he loved to breast cancer. He was dating "Eight Is Enough" actress Diana Hyland when she died in 1977. They met during filming of the TV movie "The Boy In The Plastic Bubble". She was about 18 years his senior. RIP to all.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/13/20 at 7:19 pm

I heard about it this morning. So sad. :-[

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/13/20 at 7:31 pm

A sad footnote: This is the second time Travolta has lost a woman he loved to breast cancer. He was dating "Eight Is Enough" actress Diana Hyland when she died in 1977. They met during filming of the TV movie "The Boy In The Plastic Bubble". She was about 18 years his senior. RIP to all.

Diana Hyland was also the original mother on the "Eight Is Enough" TV series. She only lasted for the first several episodes before she succumbed to he illness. Her death was written into the series and into the second season Betty Buckley was brought in to be the father's new love interest and eventual wife. I saw all those episodes when they originally aired. I also saw "Boy In the Plastic Bubble" when it originally aired. It would seem SO "70s" now.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/14/20 at 4:04 am

They met during filming of the TV movie "The Boy In The Plastic Bubble". She was about 18 years his senior. RIP to all.

There was also a later Bubble Boy story on TV back in the 90s.

_SULQSL4Cd0

Written By: Ripley on 07/15/20 at 9:56 am

Oh no!😢

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/15/20 at 2:05 pm

I had forgotten about that.

Diana Hyland was also the original mother on the "Eight Is Enough" TV series. She only lasted for the first several episodes before she succumbed to he illness. Her death was written into the series and into the second season Betty Buckley was brought in to be the father's new love interest and eventual wife. I saw all those episodes when they originally aired. I also saw "Boy In the Plastic Bubble" when it originally aired. It would seem SO "70s" now.

I used to watch "Eight Is Enough", when it first aired along with "The Boy In The Plastic Bubble."

Side note: I was more familiar with Betty Buckley than Diana Hyland in "Eight..." because Diana was only in a few eps and Betty was in a lot more. But, I was surprised many years later when I purchased the soundtrack to CATS and learned that Betty was the one who originally sang "Memory." I also learned that Betty was the original Martha Jefferson in the play 1776-a soundtrack that I grew up listening to and even when I was watching her on "Eight..." I didn't realize it was the same person.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...