inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fleetwood Mac Founder Peter Green Gone at 73

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/25/20 at 12:36 pm

The legendary blues guitarist, whose life paralleled that of Pink Floyd’s Syd Barrett, has passed away at 73. No cause of death has been released.  :\'(

https://triblive.com/aande/music/fleetwood-mac-blues-guitarist-peter-green-dies-at-73/

Subject: Re: Fleetwood Mac Founder Peter Green Gone at 73

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/25/20 at 1:06 pm

He was quite the early genius of the band - sad to say goodbye  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Peter Green

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/25/20 at 1:13 pm

Simply one of the best guitar players that ever existed. In the early days Fleetwood Mac was often referred to as "Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac".  Many, many years later when The Stevie Nicks/Lindsey Buckingham version of Fleetwood Mac played in London the press tracked down Mr. Green who was somewhat down on his luck at the time. He was asked that, given the massive success of the current Fleetwood Mac, did he ever regret leaving the band? He replied "yes I regret leaving the band. I regret having started it too."

Here is Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac doing his composition "Black Magic Woman":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwjVE3qaS0A

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/25/20 at 1:19 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/25/20 at 2:12 pm

Simply one of the best guitar players that ever existed. In the early days Fleetwood Mac was often referred to as "Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac".  Many, many years later when The Stevie Nicks/Lindsey Buckingham version of Fleetwood Mac played in London the press tracked down Mr. Green who was somewhat down on his luck at the time. He was asked that, given the massive success of the current Fleetwood Mac, did he ever regret leaving the band? He replied "yes I regret leaving the band. I regret having started it too."

Wow, I actually had not known that. Still, sad to see him go. :\'(

Here is Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac doing his composition "Black Magic Woman":

Amazing, I didn't know that he did that either! O0

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/25/20 at 2:24 pm

Wow, I actually had not known that. Still, sad to see him go. :\'(

Amazing, I didn't know that he did that either! O0

In the early days when the band consisted of Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, one of the earliest albums was called "Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac with Jeremy Spencer". This was a nifty way of getting all four band members names into the title. Green is also the one who gave Fleetwood Mac it's name. And he came up with it even before John McVie joined! How could he not join at that point? The band was already named after him.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...