inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: J. Kamala Harris Leaves the Ring at 70

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/11/20 at 5:01 am

Storied WWF wrestler James Harris, who wrestled under the ring name Kamala, (and who was also billed as The Ugandan Giant’) has passed away at the age of 70.  :\'(

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/10/us/wwe-kamala-james-harris-death/index.html

Harris battled many of wrestling's superstars, including Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker and Andre the Giant.  8)

Here’s his Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_(wrestler)

Subject: Re: J. Kamala Harris Leaves the Ring at 70

Written By: Howard on 08/11/20 at 7:44 am

I remember when Kamala got scared of the Undertaker that was in 1992. ;D

Written By: nally on 08/11/20 at 11:26 am

You had me worried/misled for a moment there. A certain California senator/recent presidential contender came to mind, but she is still very much alive and well.

Why this late wrestler (someone I've not heard of until now) used the name, I cannot understand, but I am kinda surprised that the politician didn't sue him. ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/11/20 at 5:32 pm

You had me worried/misled for a moment there. A certain California senator/recent presidential contender came to mind, but she is still very much alive and well.

Why this late wrestler (someone I've not heard of until now) used the name, I cannot understand, but I am kinda surprised that the politician didn't sue him. ::)

Kamala the wrestler was first billed as Kamala (initially “Kimala”) back in 1982 when the politician was only 18 years old.

Written By: nally on 08/11/20 at 5:41 pm

Kamala the wrestler was first billed as Kamala (initially “Kimala”) back in 1982 when the politician was only 18 years old.

Well that makes sense. He should've stuck with Kimala. (And of course, when Kamala was 18, she wasn't publicly known yet.)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 08/11/20 at 9:31 pm

August 10: Wrestler James "Kamala" Harris dies.

August 11: Sen. Kamala Harris is announced as Biden's running mate.

Check for new replies or respond here...