inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: RIP Baseball great Lou Brock at 81

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/06/20 at 11:43 pm

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29826575/hall-famer-lou-brock-cardinals-base-stealing-icon-dies-81

Sad - I grew up watching Lou Brock - he was one of the greats  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Lou Brock

Subject: Re: RIP Baseball great Lou Brock at 81

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/07/20 at 7:04 am

A buddy of mine who used to be a sportscaster just posted a pic from when he interviewed Mr. Brock.  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/07/20 at 8:09 am

A buddy of mine who used to be a sportscaster just posted a pic from when he interviewed Mr. Brock.  8)
It is always sadder when you have a connection to the deceased person.

Written By: nally on 09/07/20 at 1:05 pm

That is true.

Anyways, R.I.P. Mr Brock.

At the time he retired he was the all-time leader in stolen bases, and I think his record still stands for the National League. (Rickety Henderson overtook the mark, but he had played exclusively in the American League when he surpassed it.)

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/07/20 at 1:27 pm

Well in the case of my buddy, every time a sports figure dies, I go to his Facebook page and voilà, there is a picture of him and the dear departed, along with a comment on how they were “longtime dear friends”.

A month or so ago there was a story about a living sports figure here in the Picksburgh area; my buddy talked about how they were long time friends. But in a later post it came out that he did not even know where the dude lived.  ::)

Gotta give him credit though, he’s got a man-cave packed with all sorts of sports collectibles and pictures of him with big time sports stars. But he lays it on pretty thick...

Check for new replies or respond here...