inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bill Gates II Gone...

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/16/20 at 10:00 pm

Celebrity and philanthropist Bill Gates II., founder of what became the mega law firm K&L Gates, has passed away at the age of 94.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/15/bill-gates-sr-father-of-microsoft-co-founder-dies-at-94.html

He is also known as the father of Bill Gates III, who founded Microsoft Corporation.

(Post edited to reflect the legal suffixes of both Gates. II and III)

Subject: Re: Bill Gates Sr. Gone...

Written By: nally on 09/17/20 at 11:12 am

Celebrity and philanthropist Bill Gates Sr., founder of what became the mega law firm K&L Gates, has passed away at the age of 94.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/15/bill-gates-sr-father-of-microsoft-co-founder-dies-at-94.html

He is also known as the father of Bill Gates Jr., who founded Microsoft Corporation.

Once again, you had me misled. At first I thought it was the Microsoft founder, but it turns out that his dad is the one who passed on. (The Sr suffix would have clarified.)

Anyways, R.I.P. to Bill Senior. :\'(

Subject: Re: Bill Gates Gone...

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/17/20 at 2:01 pm

Once again, you had me misled. At first I thought it was the Microsoft founder, but it turns out that his dad is the one who passed on. (The Sr suffix would have clarified.)

Reading the title of this topic made my heart stop for a moment.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/17/20 at 2:24 pm

I thought I was pretty clear on the lead-in.

Celebrity and philanthropist Bill Gates Sr., founder of what became the mega law firm K&L Gates....

The elder Gates hit the world scene first and was a mogul in his own right.  8)

Subject: Re: Bill Gates Gone...

Written By: Howard on 09/17/20 at 2:29 pm

Reading the title of this topic made my heart stop for a moment.

I almost thought that he had passed away.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 09/17/20 at 5:13 pm

I thought I was pretty clear on the lead-in.

The elder Gates hit the world scene first and was a mogul in his own right.  8)

But it would have helped to put "Sr" in the subject line for clarity. Just a suggestion.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/17/20 at 6:31 pm

But it would have helped to put "Sr" in the subject line for clarity. Just a suggestion.

As it turns out, his proper name is William Gates II and not Sr.  Not sure what’s up with that.

Subject: Re: Bill Gates II Gone...

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 09/18/20 at 2:26 am

Same deal with Teddy Roosevelt. The 26th President was actually Junior, so the numbers get confusing.

Written By: nally on 09/18/20 at 10:20 am

Same deal with Teddy Roosevelt. The 26th President was actually Junior, so the numbers get confusing.

Yes, but his father wasn't President.

Written By: nally on 09/18/20 at 4:57 pm

As it turns out, his proper name is William Gates II and not Sr.  Not sure what’s up with that.

However, Wiki lists him as Sr.  Even so, II is acceptable. :)

So I guess that means the Microsoft founder is properly Bill Gates III. Ya learn something new every day!

Check for new replies or respond here...