inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mac Davis Gone

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/30/20 at 5:22 am

Mac Davis, legendary crooner as well as a songwriter for Elvis Presley, has passed away at the age of 78 after heart surgery.  :\'(

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/mac-davis-elvis-presley-dead-obit-1067998/

Mac’s biggest singing performance was how “Baby Don’t Get Hooked on Me”.  He also wrote the Elvis Presley hit, “In the Ghetto”. 8)

Mac was also notable for that helmet of curly hair that he sported in the 70s and 80s.  ;)

Subject: Re: Mac Davis Gone

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/30/20 at 9:05 am

I grew up hearing Mac Davis in the early 70's and even watched him on TV.  Sad to say goodbye  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Mac Davis

Written By: nally on 09/30/20 at 9:20 am

He and Helen Reddy both checked out at the age of 78 yesterday...very sad indeed. :\'(

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/30/20 at 11:30 am

He and Helen Reddy both checked out at the age of 78 yesterday...very sad indeed. :\'(

A creepy coincidence. All and all, another very tragic day in the music industry. :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/30/20 at 12:46 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(

I loved his show. My favorite part was when we went out into the audience with his guitar and asked the audience to give him a word and he would make up a song about that word.

Cat

Written By: wagonman76 on 09/30/20 at 4:52 pm

First time I heard “Baby don’t get hooked on me” I was riding with my grandpa and grandma. They just bought me this plastic Mickey Mouse guitar and I was messing with it.

Written By: whistledog on 09/30/20 at 6:28 pm

He was a recurring cast member on a really great 2000s sitcom called Rodney and there was an episode where he and the show's star Rodney Carrington sang It's hard to be humble and got the studio audience to participate.  It was fantastic!

I am not much of a country fan, but I really liked his work, and he was also a good actor.  Despite bad reviews and box office numbers, I really liked The Sting II

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/30/20 at 9:53 pm

Mac Davis also wrote "I Believe In Music" which, coincidentally enough was recorded by Helen Reddy and was the B side of her first singe "I Don't Know How To Love Him" in 1971. It was also a chart hit for the band Gallery in 1972.

Written By: Howard on 10/01/20 at 3:17 pm

Mac Davis, legendary crooner as well as a songwriter for Elvis Presley, has passed away at the age of 78 after heart surgery.  :\'(

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/mac-davis-elvis-presley-dead-obit-1067998/

Mac’s biggest singing performance was how “Baby Don’t Get Hooked on Me”.  He also wrote the Elvis Presley hit, “In the Ghetto”. 8)

Mac was also notable for that helmet of curly hair that he sported in the 70s and 80s.  ;)

RIP Mac Davis. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...