inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Farewell to Roberta McCain

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/12/20 at 6:03 pm

Matriarch of the McCain family, Roberta McCain, has passed away all too soon at the age of 108.  :\'(

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/12/politics/roberta-mccain-dies/index.html

A native Oklahoman, she was an Okie from Muskogee. She was well known as having a zest for life, hitting the campaign trail for her son senator John McCain, when she was 96 years old.  :o. Once, while in her 90s, she was pulled over by the cops for doing 112 miles per hour as she was trying to make good time to California.  ;D

Subject: Re: Farewell to Roberta McCain

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/12/20 at 6:19 pm

I was really surprised when I read this in the Washington Post because I didn't realized that she was still alive (well, not now...You know what I mean).

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/14/20 at 12:35 am

I just now found out about this. :\'(

I was aware that she was alive into her triple-digits, and still alive when her son kicked the bucket two years ago. Now she is in heaven with him.

R.I.P. Roberta

Written By: Howard on 10/14/20 at 3:25 pm

Matriarch of the McCain family, Roberta McCain, has passed away all too soon at the age of 108.  :\'(

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/12/politics/roberta-mccain-dies/index.html

A native Oklahoman, she was an Okie from Muskogee. She was well known as having a zest for life, hitting the campaign trail for her son senator John McCain, when she was 96 years old.  :o. Once, while in her 90s, she was pulled over by the cops for doing 112 miles per hour as she was trying to make good time to California.  ;D

RIP Roberta. :\'(

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/14/20 at 3:32 pm

Did you ever notice these "political mothers" live to an almost unnaturally old age? Rose Kennedy, matriarch of the Kennedy family was 104 when she died. 

Check for new replies or respond here...