inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Norm Crosby Gone at 93

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/08/20 at 12:10 pm

Long time “Borscht Belt” comedian Norm Crosby has delivered his last malaprop one-liner, at the age of 93 from a heart ailment.  :\'(

https://www.tmz.com/2020/11/08/comedian-norm-crosby-dead-at-93/

His specialty was malaprops — words that sound correct but are completely wrong.

“He might describe a major league ballclub struggling with controversy as ‘riddled with distinction.’ When he goes to a tailor, it’s because his pants need ‘an altercation,’ When people can’t read or write, you get a problem with ‘illegitimacy.,'” the Los Angeles Times wrote about him.  ;D

Back in the 60s and 70s, Norm was on pretty much every variety and talk show that there was, delivering his snappy one-liners.  8)

Here’s a link to his Find-A-Grave page. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/218098789/norm-crosby

Subject: Re: Norm Crosby Gone at 93

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/09/20 at 10:49 am

I still remember his commercials for Busch Natural Light Beer and other ads, as well as an obscure stand-up comedy TV show, The Comedy Shop. RIP, Norm. :\'(

Subject: Re: Norm Crosby Gone at 93

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/09/20 at 11:07 am

I still remember his commercials for Busch Natural Light Beer and other ads, as well as an obscure stand-up comedy TV show, The Comedy Shop. RIP, Norm. :\'(

His Comedy Shop show can still be seen on the free streaming Tubi channel, a channel I highly recommend. As I said, it's free (they run a few commercials which is how it can be free to the viewer) and all you have to do is download it onto your smart TV or other device. It takes about 10 seconds. Lots and lots of older and obscure programming on it, for those of us that like that kind of thing.

Check for new replies or respond here...