inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Don Sutton pitches his final inning

Written By: nally on 01/21/21 at 11:48 am

Hall-of-Fame baseball pitcher Don Sutton, who spent the bulk of his 23-season career with the Los Angeles Dodgers of Major League Baseball, has died at the age of 75, following a long struggle with cancer. :\'(

https://apnews.com/article/mlb-baseball-los-angeles-atlanta-braves-al-kaline-8319160f2989c94468612a9d30c87318

He achieved 324 wins in his career, 233 of which were with the Dodgers (the most by a pitcher in Dodgers history). His other 91 wins came with the other teams he pitched for: the Houston Astros, Milwaukee Brewers, Oakland Athletics, and the then-California Angels.

After retiring from playing, he served as an announcer for Atlanta Braves games.

The Dodgers retired his uniform number, 20, in the year 1998, the same year that he was elected to the National Baseball Hall Of Fame.

R.I.P. Don :\'(

Subject: Re: Don Sutton pitches his final inning

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/21/21 at 1:33 pm

Another sports icon of my youth gone    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Don Sutton

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/21 at 1:41 pm

Another sports icon of my youth gone    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Don Sutton
Sad to hear a sporting icon has passed on. It is the same with me with footballers from the UK that played in the 1960s and 1970s, names are sadly passing on, and they has been several over the last few months.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/22/21 at 5:47 am

Sad to hear a sporting icon has passed on. It is the same with me with footballers from the UK that played in the 1960s and 1970s, names are sadly passing on, and they has been several over the last few months.

Possibly a curse on 60s and 70s UK footballers? ???

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/22/21 at 9:46 am

More like they’re getting up there in age.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/25/21 at 4:19 am

Just age catching  up with them.

Written By: Contigo on 01/25/21 at 6:43 pm

Don Sutton won 324 games, yet when I think back to the best pitchers of that era (Seaver, Ryan, Gibson, Palmer, Marichal, Carlton, Jenkins, Gibson, Catfish Hunter), his name is often forgotten. He was very effective for the Dodgers for many years, especially after Koufax and Drysdale retired.

Check for new replies or respond here...