inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: RIP Baseball giant Hank Aaron, 86

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/22/21 at 5:35 pm

https://apnews.com/article/mlb-baseball-atlanta-braves-hank-aaron-coronavirus-pandemic-0fa32aff826d18bbeb9efedd42cd81a2

A true baseball icon of my youth - sad to say goodbye    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Hank Aaron

Subject: Re: RIP Baseball giant Hank Aaron, 86

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/22/21 at 5:55 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/22/21 at 10:20 pm

He was a true icon, indeed.

For 33 years he was the leader in career home runs, and an all-around great player. (Of course he was before my time, but I still know all about him and his achievements in MLB.)

Written By: Howard on 01/23/21 at 7:31 am

https://apnews.com/article/mlb-baseball-atlanta-braves-hank-aaron-coronavirus-pandemic-0fa32aff826d18bbeb9efedd42cd81a2

A true baseball icon of my youth - sad to say goodbye    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Hank Aaron

R.I.P. Hank Aaron. :(

Written By: Contigo on 01/25/21 at 6:37 pm

A true legend of the game. Feel privileged to have watched him play, a few times, and met him and shook his hand. Back in the late 1960s, my classmates and I wondered who would catch Babe Ruth's home run record, Mr. Mays or Mr. Aaron. Ultimately, Willie's career slowed down a bit and Mr. Aaron passed the Babe on Monday Night Baseball, early into the 1974 season.
After that, heard of all the deaths threats he received. So sad that racism still existed (and still does).
I tip my hat to you, Mr. Aaron, a huge thank you for all the entertainment you provided to us.
My goodness we have lost many HOFers in these past 12 months such as Whitey Ford, Lou Brock, Tom Seaver, Phil Niekro, Bob Gibson, Al Kaline and Don Sutton

Check for new replies or respond here...