inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Larry King signs off

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 01/23/21 at 8:04 am

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/tv-icon-larry-king-dead-at-87/

BREAKING: Legendary broadcaster and CNN host Larry King has died from Covid Sepsis. He was 87.

Larry hosted Larry King Live for 25 years on CNN. He interviewed figures ranging from Ronald Reagan to JFK Jr. to Robin Williams and Willie Nelson, and even the Muppets.

He was also a popular radio host and film critic.

Subject: Re: Larry King signs off

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/23/21 at 10:45 am

Sad to say goodbye    :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

R.I.P. Larry King

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/23/21 at 11:18 am

I saw awhile ago when he got Covid. I was hoping he would make it. RIP Larry King.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/23/21 at 2:12 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/23/21 at 2:24 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/tv-icon-larry-king-dead-at-87/

BREAKING: Legendary broadcaster and CNN host Larry King has died from Covid. He was 87.

Larry hosted Larry King Live for 25 years on CNN. He interviewed figures ranging from Ronald Reagan to JFK Jr. to Robin Williams and Willie Nelson, and even the Muppets.

He was also a popular radio host and film critic.

R.I.P. Larry King  :\'(

Written By: nally on 01/23/21 at 2:38 pm

I saw awhile ago when he got Covid. I was hoping he would make it. RIP Larry King.

So I guess that means his name gets added to the list of celebs who died from Covid. :\'( :\'(

Written By: Sman12 on 01/23/21 at 4:42 pm

What a major loss. Larry King pretty much solidified himself as THE king of talk shows. He talked with political leaders, celebrities, etc. And who can forget that blue suit, those thick-rimmed glasses, and the black suspenders? He'll be forever missed.  :\'(

Written By: Ripley on 01/23/21 at 5:45 pm

So sad😢

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/23/21 at 6:26 pm

Will the Larry King Show go off the air? Or will it continue like Dick Clark’s New Years Rockin’ Eve? ???

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 01/24/21 at 12:32 am

Will the Larry King Show go off the air? Or will it continue like Dick Clark’s New Years Rockin’ Eve? ???

The only reason it's still Dick Clark (if I'm not mistaken) is because it's still his production company, like Disney.

Written By: Howard on 01/24/21 at 7:42 am

I don't think anyone can replace Larry King.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/24/21 at 8:27 am

What a major loss. Larry King pretty much solidified himself as THE king of talk shows. He talked with political leaders, celebrities, etc. And who can forget that blue suit, those thick-rimmed glasses, and the black suspenders? He'll be forever missed.  :\'(

He had many different suspenders of all colors. It was his trademark.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/24/21 at 8:30 am

I don't think anyone can replace Larry King.

Maybe his son, Larry King Jr. could take over the franchise? ???

Written By: nally on 01/28/21 at 10:59 pm

Maybe his son, Larry King Jr. could take over the franchise? ???

If he's interested.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/29/21 at 5:33 am

Page Six reports that Larry did not succumb to Covid.

Instead he died from an unrelated infection.

https://pagesix.com/2021/01/28/shawn-king-reveals-larry-kings-real-cause-of-death-final-words/

Subject: Larry King: Talk show host's widow contests handwritten will

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/21 at 8:39 am

The widow of US TV host Larry King has gone to court to contest a handwritten will that purportedly leaves the late star's $2m estate to his children.

Shawn Southwick King, whom King was divorcing at the time of his death, claims he was "of questionable mental capacity" when the will was signed.

According to the 2019 document, King wanted "100% of my funds to be divided equally" between his five children.

Two of his children died in 2020, while King himself died in January aged 87.

The veteran broadcaster hosted his popular CNN talk show for 25 years and conducted an estimated 50,000 interviews over his six-decade career.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56095825

Subject: Re: Larry King: Talk show host's widow contests handwritten will

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/17/21 at 8:50 am

The widow of US TV host Larry King has gone to court to contest a handwritten will that purportedly leaves the late star's $2m estate to his children.

Shawn Southwick King, whom King was divorcing at the time of his death, claims he was "of questionable mental capacity" when the will was signed.

According to the 2019 document, King wanted "100% of my funds to be divided equally" between his five children.

Two of his children died in 2020, while King himself died in January aged 87.

The veteran broadcaster hosted his popular CNN talk show for 25 years and conducted an estimated 50,000 interviews over his six-decade career.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56095825

Larry King only had 2M? I'm surprised, considering all those infomercials and endorsements and everything he did. I'll never get why people with sizable amounts of money have these legally questionable handwritten wills.

Subject: Re: Larry King: Talk show host's widow contests handwritten will

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/17/21 at 12:15 pm

Larry King only had 2M? I'm surprised, considering all those infomercials and endorsements and everything he did. I'll never get why people with sizable amounts of money have these legally questionable handwritten wills.

Yeah I wondered about the $2 mil myself.

Maybe he spent it as fast as he made it. Having 7 ex-wives does get kinda expensive.  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...