inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Korea Has Rappers Too: Jung Hun-cheol Found Dead

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/25/21 at 5:23 am

I have to say that I never thought of the concept of Korean rappers, but indeed they exist.

Korean rapper Jung Hun-cheol seemed to follow the trail of American rappers, as he was found dead at the age of 28. In his case, by blunt force trauma.  :o

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2021/01/25/entertainment/kpop/death/20210125174600650.html

He most recently made headlines when he was arrested in December last year for allegedly assaulting his roommate with a baseball bat. And before that he had a string of various convictions. Sounds like he was keeping it real and living the rap.

Subject: Re: Korea Has Rappers Too: Jung Hun-cheol Found Dead

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/25/21 at 10:41 am

What is it with rappers in general?

I only know one Korean singer, and you can can guess which singer is that.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/25/21 at 5:24 pm

What is it with rappers in general?

I think it is all with regard to their mantra to “keep it real”.

A perceived slight that you or I may let roll off our shoulders, an OG rapper takes as a the ultimate in disrespect, demanding an immediate takedown of the offending person. As a result, rappers end up getting into all sorts of trouble and the violence sometimes gets paid back in spades.

It comes that way, at least that's what they say when you play the game.  :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/29/21 at 5:28 am

Despite Iron dying from blunt force trauma, the Korean constabulary has stated that it has found no signs of fowl play in Iron’s death.

https://mb.com.ph/2021/01/27/no-suspicion-of-foul-play-in-korean-rapper-irons-death-no-autopsy-to-be-conducted/

I suppose you could buy it from BFT by falling out of a tall window, but there is no mention of a possible fall.

Smells like a cover-up.

Check for new replies or respond here...